Reflection on Speech.

In my opinion, I believe I did a decent job on my speech. Sure, there were some areas where I could have improved on but other then those simple mistakes I am proud of my effort.

My artifact consisted of two videos that demonstrated a call to action. This call to action relied on celebrities and famous faces to ask the nation to rise up and perform their civic duty which was to vote. My speech revolved around how this particular artifact could be civic and if it was, how did it get it’s message across.

As I was giving the speech I went into logos, pathos, and ethos and I also covered what it meant to be civic. My only regret are that my speech could have been longer. I also noticed one very good observation, as I am speaking toward the class whatever uhm’s or uhh’s were said were created by my self-conscious. As I was speaking I could not deduce if i was actually saying those “fillers”. I also did not move around the class room, I tended to stay in position behind the podium, almost cowering away.

With everything bad, good points should also exist. I was able to involve the student class with a question attempting to garner their attention. However, half-way through my speech it seemed as if the class had died. They were bored. I knew I was failing at my speech. My tone of voice and hand gestures were appropriate for this event however to no avail the audience is what is most important.

Looking back, I am not fully satisfied with my demonstration of my speech. The bad outweighed the good. I had told myself I had prepared enough, but it was not enough to catch the audience or even myself.

This entry was posted in Rhetoric and Civic Life and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Reflection on Speech.

1. Khalil Hill says:

I know exactly how you feel. I left my speech feeling not fully satisfied with it as well. Yours was enjoyable, but with everybody’s speeches there is always room for improvement. Stick to your guns and give us a little more and I’m sure your next one will be fantastic.

2. Stephanie Jara says:

First of all, let me just say I like the way that you write. It’s almost conversational where I feel like you are speaking to your reader. Also, I like how you explained that there were both good and bad points to your speech instead of just focusing on one aspect. I look forward to listening to your next speech with hope that you improve on the points you touched on in your post!

3. Khalil Hill says:

I know exactly how you fee. I left my speech feeling not fully satisfied with it as well. Yours was enjoyable, but with everybody’s speeches there is always room for improvement. Stick to your guns and give us a little more and I’m sure your next one will be fantastic.