The New Japanese Restaurant. Tadashi.

Just this past month a new Japanese restaurant opened up on College Ave (Tadashi). This Japanese restaurant specializes in different types of Ramen and Yakitori. The term Yakitori can be described as grilled skewers. One of my friends and I decided to check this restaurant out.

As I entered through the large glass door I was instantly hit by the aroma of different meats and vegetables being grilled. The restaurant is very small and has about 5 small tables and a bar right in front of the grill. The place was very busy so my friend and I had to wait 40 minutes before we got seated.

Taking a look at the menu everything was very pricey. The different types of ramen were at least 10 dollars and the yakitori averaged out at $1.25 each.

menu menu 1

We decided to get one order of Hirata Buns, one Spicy Miso Ramen, One Soy Sauce Ramen, 2 Beef Yakitori and 2 Pork Yakitori. The Hirata Buns came out first. These are essentially pork buns. There was a nice thick piece of perfectly roasted pork inside the sweet yeast bun accompanied with small crisp pieces of lettuce and a light drizzle of mayo.

pork buns

Our Ramen and Yakitori came out at the same time. The broth of the ramen was a mixture of both salty and sweet and came with an abundance of Chinese style wheat noodles that were just the right texture. This was topped with half of a hard boiled egg, green onions, bamboo shoots, and a nice slice of pork. The yakitori was perfectly seasoned and every piece of meat was just as tender and flavorsome as the piece before it.

ramen everything

There were a couple negatives and positives about this place. This is the perfect spot due to the small tables and bar seating. The food is great and environment is aesthetically pleasing. However, the price can be hefty and this place only excepts cash. The wait time can get long depending on what time of day you arrive there. Large parties of people are not recommended as they do not have the adequate seating. I give this place an 8 out of 10. This is a place that I believe everyone should try at least once.

Bon Appetit.

This entry was posted in RCL Post and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.