Enchanted by England

For this blog, I interviewed one of our own classmates, Patrick Edwards. He told me about his amazing trip to London and all of the must-do attractions to put on your list when visiting.

He recommends staying in a hotel located by St. Paul’s cathedral. Out of all the places that he visited, St. Paul’s cathedral was his favorite place to see. The architecture of this old church will take your breath away.

While in London, he says that it is important to pick out a good café because that can make all the difference in your dining experience.
One of his favorite meals was eaten at a café that was tucked into a corner of the center of the city. There he found yummy tea and enjoyed a plate of eggs benedict.

Something that he will never forget is listening to the bells of St. Paul’s Cathedral chime from the comfort of his hotel room. There were times when they would chime for a full half hour, imagine how beautiful that must have been!
Another great thing about the hotel is it was located right in the middle of the city so you are able to get to the biggest attractions in the city in no time!
It’s only a few minutes walk away from the River Thames! Here you can get a glimpse of the city by route of land and sea.

It is well worth it to take a River Walk around the River Thames. Right across the river is the famous Globe Theater where many Shakespearean plays were performed. Make sure that you have enough time mapped out during the day because to be able to see all of the attractions it will take most of the day.
You will really get bang for your buck by taking a bus tour where you can see everything on land and the water.
The city has a lot of visual history to offer, the buildings date back to 3 centuries old. It is a wonder that all the old buildings are still standing!

He recommends that you spend a day exploring the inside of the London Tower, which is an old royal castle complex, located right by the famous river draw bridge on the River Thames. Here you are able to get a tour of the Tower where the tour guides even dress to match the era they are giving the history of. and see the complexity of this fortified castle. It holds the crowned jewels and not too long ago served as the center for all the beheadings that took place in London.

Once you leave the London tower, you will see the famous Blue Tower Draw Bridge right outside.
What is cool about the drawbridge area is right across from here there is an international food area. One of the best meals that Patrick ate in England, was the food that was a pulled pork cheek it was served in a delicious BBQ sauce. The restaurant was a very hip, friendly environment. He even had a apple soda there as well!

unique about it, restarants are not sit down, you go to order at the counter and you sit down, and they bring the food to you — different then America

in the boat ride —you get on the boat wehre the draw bridge is and you go south down the themes, tour guides are really good,
pass the London eye on the left just before you pass the houses of Parliament on the right, you get off,
Westmingster Abbey is right there

At the houses of Parliament, you are only a mile and a half away from Buningham palace

there is a James park in between the houses of parliament and B palace on the way
lake, and garden

from here you can see Elizabeth tower (aka Big BEn) big ben is actually the bell, the tower is called Elizabeth tower.

When you get to the B palace you can see the changing of the guard at 8 am most days
you cant go inside but there is a pretty fence

round about outside the palace with a statue in the middle

you can take a mile long avenue back to the center of the city

there is good restaurants all along the road

One thought on “Enchanted by England”

1. Hey Mozzarella Sticks!
    I am writing this again because my computer deleted my comment (-_-). I will try to replicate it as accurately as possible:
    I see Tintin took a break from his adventures to go see England. I think England is fantastic for its rich history and culture. For example, upon looking up St. Paul’s Cathedral, I see that it has many Renaissance roots in its architecture and I would love to learn about how people create these different architectural styles. I think all the old building would be captivating to see and I would love to see them. The next thing that Tintin did was look at the different meals in England. My English friends tell me that the food is mythical so I cannot help but feel that there is more food to find (I am a food addict, I know). They must have food from many different culture considering their rich history (and how many people they invaded/killed, but that’s water under the bridge). The next thing you talked about was the Globe Theater. Now the Globe Theater is a a place I must visit at some point in my life time as I learned everything about it when I did a project on it in middle school (they burned that roof down way too many times). I can see from this post that there is a lot to do and I hope that I will be able to visit one day to this beautiful country. What happened at the end though? I cannot tell if that was by design to forget the periods. Either way, good job!