Workshops will be available for request at the start of Fall Semester 2020
Culturally focused workshops: These workshops focus on how different cultures use light in celebration. Each workshop will highlight a different culture and will include a short discussion or performance as well as food from that specific culture.
Sustainability focused workshops: These workshops focus on sparking conversation about sustainability, whether that’s by creating educational objects that illustrate what can and cannot be recycled or by finding new and creative ways to create sustainable art.
Workshops available for request:
- 10-inch lanterns: 1 hour
- 20-inch lanterns:1.5-2 hours | No previous art experience necessary. Length of workshop dependent on whether or not participants are working individually or in a small group (2-3 people)
- Wearable Wings: 1 hour | Create a set of illuminated wings using bamboo and fabric. No previous art experience necessary
- Trash monster: 1.5 hours | Create a creature using upcycled material. No previous art experience necessary
- High flyers: 1 hour
- Wearable hats: 2.5-3 hours | Create an illuminated wearable hat using pool noodles to create the structure and Papier-mâché techniques to add detail. No previous art experience necessary. This workshop can be shortened by working with a partner.
- Puppet making: Drop-in | Help us create a large-scale puppet for the IllumiNATION parade on March 28th! Feel free to drop in and spend as much time as you have available – no time commitment required. No previous art experience necessary!