Behaviorism

The best example I can think of for this unit is through behaviorism  Behaviorism was the study of everything being understood in terms of stimulus and response.  is  One day when I was in about fourth grade, my mom took me to Wendy’s for lunch.  I had never tried their chile before, so I thought I would give it a try.  A couple hours later, I started feeling really sick.  Eventually, I actually got sick.  I blamed it on the chile I ate that afternoon from Wendy’s.  Now, every time I think of Wendy’s, and especially their chile, I feel my stomach start to hurt.   The stimulus is thinking about the Wendy’s chile, and the response is my stomach beginning to hurt. Who knows if I actually had the flu, or if it was even the chile that made me get sick that day, but I will never forget it happening.  It makes me not even want to go to the restaurant ever again because I’m scared of throwing up again if I eat it, and I hate throwing up.  Another example of behaviorism that I can think of is when I listen to the song “Undefeated” by Jason Derulo.  Last year when I was a senior in high school, my soccer team and I would always listen to and warm up to it.  Then, we ended up going undefeated and becoming the state champions.  I have it in my iTunes, and now every time I hear it I have great memories go through my mind.  The stimulus is listening to the song and the response is thinking happy thoughts and having positive memories.  I think of all my amazing teammates, our great season, and winning that state championship in Crew Stadium in Columbus.  It still gives me the chills to this day.