ISA is proud to announce its first annual Blue and White Saffron Award. Since its inception in 1996, the Iranian Student Association at Penn State (ISA) has been steadily growing thanks to its members’ involvement and support. The strength and livelihood of ISA depends on volunteers who devote their time, energy, creativity and enthusiasm to this organization. The purpose of this award is to recognize and honor individuals with outstanding service contributions to ISA.
Nomination and Selection Criteria
We invite our members to go to this link and nominate person(s) whom they believe have had positive and significant impact on ISA. The ISA board will review all candidates and select the award recipient based on the following criteria:
- Significance of service to ISA and Iranian community
- Service ‘above and beyond’ the norm, through effort and/or impact
- Generally over a significant period of time
- The approximate number of persons benefitted by the contribution(s) and how
- The novelty of ideas/contributions to ISA
- Credibility with ISA members and community
- Highest ethical standards; sets an example
Award Announcement and Prize
The Blue and White Saffron Award winner will be announced during ISA Norooz Gala and receive $300 monetary prize and the engraved memento of recognition.
Deadline and Eligibility
Members can make nominations until 11:59 PM Sunday February 18th, 2018.
We welcome everyone to nominate or be nominated for the award. This includes (but not limited to) past and present Penn State students, faculty, staff, their dependents, State College community of Iranian or non-Iranian descendent. Current ISA officers, creator of the award, sponsors and their immediate family members are allowed to nominate candidates but are not eligible to be nominated for the award.