Czur scanner : build your own digital library

Equipped with 16 million pixels and creative algorithm, Czur can make  scanning books as easy as turning pages. The most difficult problems  including flattening curve, erasing fingerprint, smart edge-cutting have been solved. Czur is the highest cost performance book  scanner in the world.

Through the powerful function of image processing and computing  ability, we improve the scanning speed for about 20 times compared with the traditional scanner. Using Czur, you can scan everything in office  including files, contracts, vouchers etc.

Czur can help to build your private digital library with an easier and  faster way.You don’t need to install any driver or software when using  Czur cloud, it is the true smart scanner as some core functions are above Czur cloud. Your diaries, sketches and paintings can be scanned and stored by cloud, and you can check everything out on your laptop, Ipad or your smart phone directly.

Czur is also a video presenter. By connecting to screen through HDMI,  materials can be presented directly with 1080P. Czur can greatly  increases the efficiency of meeting and lower the cost.

4 thoughts on “Czur scanner : build your own digital library

1. I think this is an interesting device, and I agreed with the videos claim that new technologies can lower costs and ‘democratize’ services which were previously available only to a minority. I think the idea of text scanners is hardly a new one, and I’m surprised consumers don’t see more devices and applications with this kind of capability. I imagine in the near future even cell cameras will be able to similarly convert printed text into digital format.

As far as potential applications, as other commenters have said, I think this device will primarily be effective in education circles, but it may find a niche in business applications as well. Most modern offices have multi-thousand dollar printer/copy/fax machines, and I imagine at a price point of two hundred dollars they would be willing to indulge in the capability to convert their printed documents back into text when the digital copy is misplaced.

2. Czur is the world’s first true smart scanner and highest cost performance. It seems like a very cool product. I often have difficulty scanning many things. I think all of the features are that it enhances such as removing fingerprints on papers, cutting the edges, and flattening the pages are perfect for scanners.

The title of the article of one of the websites that I had searched is very deceiving. I do not believe that you can create your own digital library from just this scanner. Creating just a novel with this scanner seems very time consuming because you would have to turn the page every time it needs to scan one page. Some books are well over 200 pages, and that would be very time consuming for someone to do that to just one book let alone several others to make an entire library. This scanner is perfect for short books or ones without a lot of pages or even a bunch of documents. I would like to see an improvement in this product to be able to scan more pages easily, but I do not know how that would be done.

This scanner is both convenient for the office and at home. At the office, bills, contracts, files, and many other documents can be scanned easily and kept all in one area. Also at home, it would be a huge save of paper scanning documents and books. I believe this would also create a way of sharing books. For example, me and my roommate would not have to each buy a book to read for our classes if we have the same ones…we would just be able to simply scan the book and share it with as many people as we desire, even though I believe that we would run into some legal issues by doing this.

I believe the design of this scanner has great usability. It is compatible with many other forms of technology. It runs on WiFi, ergo it can be hooked up to many devices through the internet. Also, it has attachments for a USB, HDMI, and other computer hook-ups. Along with having a multi-functional interface design, the product also has an led light which makes if very good for usability. One can use it even in a dark room, or just to brighten up the image.

I would actually really want one of these scanners for myself. It seems like a cost efficient device, and it has multiple uses. It just sits on a desk and actually looks like a lamp, but obviously has the functions of a scanner. I am very interested to see the next disruptive technology or just the updates on this device.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/czur-scanner-build-your-own-digital-library#/
    http://www.techanger.net/

3. I feel that a scanner like this would be most beneficial in academic circles. But I think it has both positive and negative implications. First, it eliminates the waste of paper. Second this scanner eliminates any sort of physical storage issues, but the digital storage and security of the storage now becomes and issue. Another issue I see arising is that instead of every student buying the book, they all chip in together scan the book and share the digital copies. I’m curious to see where this new scanner leads us.

4. Wow, I can really use one of these! As someone who often uses the scanners available at the library to scan textbooks, this device can do the job almost perfectly. When I use the scanners at the library, problems such as curved surfaces, unclear images, and slow performance occur. But with this device, scanning books would be faster and the images would be of a better quality. The traditional scanner has a difficult time scanning large, thick textbook, but since this device can scan solid objects, it would have no problem scanning thick textbooks. If I have an object that I would like my friend to take a look at, I can just scan it and then send the image to her. This scanner also appears takes up less space than a traditional scanner. Overall, this product is useful and is capable of replacing the scanners that we are currently using.