Is there any innovation on iPhone 7?

%e1%84%89%e1%85%b3%e1%84%8f%e1%85%b3%e1%84%85%e1%85%b5%e1%86%ab%e1%84%89%e1%85%a3%e1%86%ba-2016-09-28-%e1%84%8b%e1%85%a9%e1%84%92%e1%85%ae-8-36-07

iPhone 7 is released on Sep 16th, 2016. Many people expected iPhone 7, but there was no innovation. Many people had great expectation on iPhone because Apple always gives innovations. However, there was not quite differences on iPhone 7 compared to iPhone 6s. Apple said that iPhone 7 has great innovations for some reasons. The reasons are water resistance, advanced camera, and removing 3.5mm headphone jack.

First of all, iPhone 7’s water resistance range is IP67. It can survive in pool or toilet and it seems good. Until iPhone 6s, iPhone was too weak to water. However, it cannot be an innovation. The famous competitive company Samsung already released Galaxy S7 which has water resistance range of IP68 and it has stronger resistance than iPhone 7.

Secondly, Apple wanted to get acclamation with advanced cameras, but iPhone 7’s camera didn’t get admiration because the competitive companies already released the advanced camera. Not only, iPhone 7 has 12 megapixels back camera, but also, Samsung’s Galaxy S7 has 12 megapixels back camera. Additionally, iPhone 7 plus has dual cameras, but there are many dual camera smartphones already in the market, such as LG Optimus 3D, HTC Evo 3D, HTC One M8, LG G5 and etc. Yes, the camera on iPhone 7 is advanced than iPhone 6s, but not for the other competitive smartphones.

%e1%84%89%e1%85%b3%e1%84%8f%e1%85%b3%e1%84%85%e1%85%b5%e1%86%ab%e1%84%89%e1%85%a3%e1%86%ba-2016-09-29-%e1%84%8b%e1%85%a9%e1%84%8c%e1%85%a5%e1%86%ab-11-21-52

The most shocking thing of the iPhone 7 is 3.5mm headphone jack. iPhone 7 doesn’t have headphone jack. Apple says that, 3.5mm headphone jack is used for more than 100 years and is analogue. Thus, Apple just removed the headphone jack. Apple gave some substitutions after getting rid of 3.5mm headphone jack. Apple gives free lightning earpods and lightning to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter. However, the substitutions have some disadvantages. Lightning earpods only works for iPhone, because it is made by Apple and is only used for iPhones. Also, people who uses their own 3.5mm headphone has to use the adapter to keep using, and it’s quite inconvenient. They always have to carry both adapter and 3.5mm headphone. Apple gives one more option for the headphones. Apple released Airpods. According to Apple, “New AirPods, Apple’s innovative new wireless headphones, weave simplicity and technology together to reinvent the wireless experience making headphones easy to use.” It seems quite comfortable but people have to charge the Airpods and it only goes for 5 hours. Also, Airpods are $159.00 in Apple store which is quite expensive. The cost-effectiveness is low, because Airpods can only connect with Apple devices which are released after iPhone 5 launch.

People would not buy iPhone 7, if there was no Jet Black color. Are you still thinking that iPhone 7 has innovation?

Sources: http://www.apple.com/newsroom/2016/09/apple-introduces-iphone-7-iphone-7-plus.html

http://newatlas.com/galaxy-s7-vs-iphone-7-comparison/45406/

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/138719-dual-lens-smartphone-cameras-the-history-running-up-to-iphone-7-plus

4 thoughts on “Is there any innovation on iPhone 7?

1. I agree with you that the Iphone 7 disappoint me. There was no signal innovation comparing to Iphone 6. I had Iphone 6 before and I bought iphone7 when it came out but I did not feel I got an new iphone. For me, it is just another iphone 6. I do not think that iphone 7 is a huge success for Apple. I personally do not like they take out the headphone jack. Because this does not convinence you. You need to carry the transverter with you all time. For some people who like to listen to music during charging, this would be horrible innovation. Apple did not have significant innovations any more since iphone4 came out. They major innovations are just simply adding new color, id touch or improving pixel. However, when I almost totally disappoint about Apple, the new Macpro surprise me because of the id touch on macpro. Anyway, even though apple seems lack of innovation, I think iphone is still better than other phones because Iphone is easy to handle. For me, Android is too complex and there is lots of features that you would never use. So, I still looking forward Apple’s new actions.

2. I agree with you that the release of Iphone 7 is a bit disappointing. There was not much innovation comparing to other technology brand. What is new to Iphone seems to be old for other brands (such as Samsung). However, lets admit that Iphone 7 is still better that Iphone 6. Apple failed to create any innovation compared to its industry but it does succeed in improving its product.
    I personally does not like is that Apple just removed the headphone jack for Iphone 7 since I think new earpods look weird to wear and I can only use it with Apple products and I have to also buy and use the adapter to use to earpods. However, I have to admit that this new wireless headphone is sometimes convenient for me to use in some cases such as when I want to put on my headphone while brushing my teeth or washing my face. My hands can move freely when I use the new headphone. Maybe it is just that users are not used to the new technology yet.
    Overall, I think Iphone 7 is not a huge success for Apple but it still managed to make a new change to its product line.

3. There’s plenty Apple can be getting on with. The point is that it’s not the ideas themselves, but the new markets and opportunities that they open up, especially when they are put into the hands of app developers.

Notice how I didn’t call things such as wireless charging or removal of the headphone jack innovative. They’re not. Instead, they’re examples of incremental betterment based on technological change. And let’s be honest, few people are going to rush out and buy a new iPhone because it doesn’t have a 3.5mm headphone jack.

I think that a cooling down of iPhone sales will ultimately be a good thing, both for Apple and consumers of technology because it will lead to more innovation and better products and services.
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/iphone-7-its-time-for-innovation-and-reinvention-not-gimmicks/

4. I was just as surprised as you were when the iPhone 7 specs were released. The most shocking is the removal of the headphones though, I think. I still cannot tell if it is Apple’s way of furthering the unplugged and hands-free movement (no more wire that can fray or get snagged, no more need to carry your phone within 3 feet or so), or if its a way to trap their customers into buying more accessories for their products. I personally like the way Bluetooth is evolving. Perhaps the next step will be the ability to stream your music into someone else’s earbuds and not have to worry about a splitter to share music. At the same time, however, Bluetooth can be interrupted and as of now, its quality is less than through a wire. Yet Apple has covered themselves – still giving people the option to use wires with the annoying, yet functional, adapter.

Overall, I understand the disappointment with the new update. It seems like they are not caring as much about their customer’s needs, but more about hitting a deadline and getting a new product out there. Very Microsoft-like, and starting to reflect badly on Apple.