Sweat detector

http://www.livescience.com/57000-sweat-sensors-use-perspiration-to-track-health.html

I thought this was a cool new health gadget that detects sweat.  There has been a lot of new technology in this field and I am excited to see where it goes.  It seems to be getting more and more advanced that you will not even need to go to the doctor except for emergencies and surgery.  technology can tell them things through video and data.

One thought on “Sweat detector

1. I think that this would be an extremely successful product especially when looking at the climate of the current sports marketing industry. With products like Fitbit and the rise of smartwatches, health tracking has become an extremely profitable product. What really sets this gadget apart from its competition is “chemical reactions within the sensor’s compartments result in visible changes in color that reveal what levels of a given biomarker are present in the sweat.” As a result, the user’s smartphone implements the NFC technology (what is used in Apple Pay) to communicate with the sensor and calculate biomarker levels. In terms of the future, this can be extended to examine saliva and tears. This product really eliminates the need for blood sampling and instead makes the world one step further in the IoT.