Boeing Possibly Hit by ‘WannaCry’ Malware Attack

On March 28th, a piece in The New York Times was written with regards to the recent malware attack that targeted Boeing. Although the malware attack wasn’t substantial in size, it had the possibility of crippling Boeing’s production systems as well as airline software being implemented in aircrafts. Last week I wrote my post on the ransomware attack that crippled local infrastructure sites in Atlanta for approx. a week. This is nonetheless an ongoing problem that is really affecting the world today. We are starting to become to involved in pushing for innovation that we lose site of how to protect the very innovation that we develop. This is just an interesting topic that I wanted to bring up, and wanted to get peoples perspective on. How do you view technology in today’s society and what types of solutions do you believe can be implemented to fix these types of security issues?

One thought on “Boeing Possibly Hit by ‘WannaCry’ Malware Attack

1. As someone who has studied the WannyCry virus in the past, it is extremely concerning that the hackers have targeted airlines. The virus can completely engulf an entire system and shut it down, which could be detrimental to aircraft and everyone aboard. Airlines should constantly be rewriting and updating their software to ensure that there are minimal vulnerabilities when flying.