Tile Helps you Keep Track of your Possessions

One of the most practical technological products that I have ever used is something that I just recently purchased, and has already saved my life.  What I am talking about is the Tile.  The Tile is a flat, roughly one inch by one-inch square device that you attach to valuable possessions that you would hate to lose. You pair the Tile with your phone through their app, and once completed, your possessions become substantially more findable.  Say I put the tile in my wallet; when I lose my wallet, all I have to do is go to the Tile app and click the Tile associated with my wallet.  Once I do this, the app shows me where the Tile is when it was last connected.

When you are within 100 yards of the Tile, the app lets page it.  When you hit the button on the app, the Tile will loudly ring, allowing you to easily locate your device.  Tile uses the Internet of Things, receiving data (location of your tile) and relaying it to the app so it can easily be found by the owner.

Tile also allows for owners of their product to connect with other.  If somebody loses their wallet, and cannot get within 100 yards of it so they can page it, they can hit “Notify when Found” on the app.  As soon as a Tile owner comes within range of your device, they will get a notification, and will be able to contact you and send you the location that it was found so it can easily be returned.  The Tile really is so clutch to have, and has already helped me find my items that would have surely been lost.

Reference:

“Learn How Tile’s Bluetooth Tracking Device & Tracker App Helps You Find Your Lost Things | Tile.” Tile, www.thetileapp.com/en-us/how-it-works.

One thought on “Tile Helps you Keep Track of your Possessions

1. This is the first I am hearing about this Tile Tracker and I am amazed! Coming from someone who can never keep track of things, this seems like the perfect use of the internet of things. It amazes me how simple yet useful this idea is. I found an article that goes into detail about Tile and it states that this tracker is as thin as two credit cards. This makes it perfect to put inside wallets or purses in case they get stolen. The article also mentions how it is useful to put a Tile inside your car in case you cannot find it in a large parking lot such as the airport. This device also takes great use of the internet of things by providing an application for the smartphone in order to track the device. The app on the smartphone provides a community, which can assist you in the find feature. The article states that the community on the app can help update you on the lost item by updating its location when passing it. I think this is a helpful idea; however, I think it would be easy for people to track your valuables and steal them. Overall I think this app will find success in the near future because I think this is a very helpful and bright idea.

Pocket-lint. “5 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do with a Tile – Pocket-Lint.” Pocket, 25 Nov. 2016, http://www.pocket-lint.com/gadgets/news/139464-5-things-you-didn-t-know-you-could-do-with-a-tile.