Tips to Use When Recycling Your iPhone

Apple products are used by the majority of cell phone users. People update their phones every few years and are left with a deactivated phone. What should they do with these old phones? Throw them in the garbage does not seem environmentally correct while saving the phone almost guarantees it is going to collect dust stuffed in a drawer. Think about these tips when you upgrade to a new cell phone.

The first thing a user should do is erase all of the data on their phone, specifically the find my iPhone feature. If you do not delete this feature, then the cell phone cannot be entirely deleted and recycled.

The most important step to take is to remove the sim card and destroy it. This ensures that your private data is going to be entirely deleted. Finally, take it to a local electronics recycling center and enjoy using your new technology.

http://www.fox35orlando.com/news/local-news/steps-to-keep-in-mind-when-you-recycle-your-iphone

2 thoughts on “Tips to Use When Recycling Your iPhone

1. I have recently found two old iPhones in my closet that I do not use anymore. I knew that throwing away the phone is not the best option, which is when I came across this article about the different ways to recycle an iPhone. One of the top ways to recycle is to hand the iPhone into an Apple store. This article states that the Apple recycling program has collected over 40,000 old electronics in just one year. This will also help you save money on your next Apple product because you will receive an Apple gift card worth the amount of your old electronic. This article also mentions another way to recycle an iPhone, which I did not know about. Places such as Best Buy and Target also offer this trade in opportunity in exchange for store credit. Instead of throwing away your phone next time, these are some great ways to recycle and help save money.

Kaplan, Desirée. “4 Eco-Friendly Ways To Recycle Your Old IPhone.” Green Matters, Green Matters, 19 Sept. 2017, http://www.greenmatters.com/news/2017/09/19/OQKOq/iphone-disposal.

2. I think this is something that is so important. Apple makes their products so that they only last about 2 to 3 years if you are lucky. Since they do that so many phones are cycled through one person in their lifetime. This is so wasteful and not good for the environment we need to try so hard to protect. The idea of recycling them to be used later is so smart and more people need to be aware that they have this option. I did not know of this until recently and I had just held on to all of my old iPhones for no reason. Now we can all help out our earth one used phone at a time.