The game that has taken over the internet: ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’

‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ launched last friday, the newest release of Nintendo’s Animal Crossing franchise. The game essentially places you on a deserted island where your priorities include building a home, meeting new people, and exploring. 

An article by Business Insider gave readers a closer look into the game and explained how it works and the objectives throughout the game, while also including pictures. They also stated that “it’s the perfect way to escape COVID-19 lockdown life”.

I agree that it seems like a great pastime during this time since the game is one that takes you away from reality and into a different world that is much simpler. Seeing the game all over my Twitter feed has definitely made me consider purchasing a Nintendo Switch to participate.

According to an article posted on The Verge, the popularity of ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ is shown through the 1.88 million physical copies sold in just the first three days, the game on the track to becoming one of the best selling video games in Japan. The release of the game has also boosted sales of the Nintendo Switch itself in Japan, with more than 392,000 consoles sold last week. 

I’m curious to see if any of any of you play ‘Animal Crossing’, and as someone who hasn’t played, do you think the game is worth the hype? 

https://www.businessinsider.com/animal-crossing-new-horizons-game-walkthrough-online-review-escape-reality-2020-3

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/26/21195022/animal-crossing-switch-sales-japan-famitsu

2 thoughts on “The game that has taken over the internet: ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’

1. I am a player of Animal Crossing and I 100% believe the game is worth the money for two main reasons. The first reason is it is a good way to pass time and relax. Almost all the tasks in the game are simple, easy to understand tasks but they still require constant attention to the game. This causes you to focus more on the game and less on the time passing in real life. Along with this the game’s task are also enjoyable, which keeps the game from becoming boring and keeps you engaged. The second reason is that it’s something you can play with others while away from each other. You can work with other’s to complete things in the game and don’t need to be in the same room. A game like this truly was released at the perfect time with all that is happening in the world. It allows people to connect and escape the pandemic for just a little bit each day.

2. Even though I am not a player of Animal Crossing, most of my friends are fans of this new Nintendo game. I think there are various reasons for this game to take over the Internet. The first one is that Nintendo has a great reputation for its game design and each time there is a new game released, there will have dozens of streamers participate in advertising through playing games by themselves. The second reason is that since people are isolated from each other during the outbreak of coronavirus, this is a great way for them to interact with each other. The third reason is that now most people have time to relax, which makes more people willing to play Animal Crossing. Nintendo company is really smart to release this game in such a special time since it maximized its potential opportunities. Most of my friends think the game is cute and worth the price. The following source is the official site for Animal Crossing.

Source:
    https://www.animal-crossing.com