3D printer can help people do what

Recently, we learn about 3D print, and I see the classmate just writes about how people could print the cotton swab for medical material. I think it is a good idea, but I don’t think it is a useful way for everyone to make it at home. Firstly, is the material of 3D print safe for people to use for swab. As we know, mostly we need use the swab for the wound. If the material is toxic or bad, it would be bad for recover. And there must be a company to prove the codes for how make this swab. So, I want to know what else the 3D printer can help us. It is a useful techonolgy. But it has some disadvantages, like it takes long time, and good material costs lot. But the advantages are a lot too. So, are there other ways that 3D print techonolgy could be used for every people.

Home 3D printing will work in the following way: you need a collar for your dog, so you go online to one of the websites which has ready designed objects and choose a dog collar you like.  You personalise it, perhaps choosing the colour, putting your dog’s name on it and making it a bit larger because you’ve been overfeeding him.  Then you purchase the tailored design and it is downloaded to your printer on your kitchen table (via your computer) which immediately prints it out, ready to use.

Not all objects will be printable, there will be size limitations and complex objects like smart phones will be beyond home printers.  However, given that it is possible to already print in a huge variety of materials from glucose (i.e. sugar) to ceramic, including combining different materials in one object, the majority of everyday items will be printable.

One thought on “3D printer can help people do what

1. I agree with you on the fact that there might be material limitations and higher costs associated with the 3D printing of medical gear. However, it can be used for a lot of different purposes, especially during this quarantine period. An interesting article I came across highlights how sports brands are adopting artificial intelligence and 3D printing (additive manufacturing) to manufacture fitness products to make sure that their users stay healthy during the course of the pandemic. Since physical stores and factories are not functional as of now, the above technologies are assisting the manufacturers in coming up with innovative products as well as monitoring their sales and supply chain. The products will also keep getting updated on their online stores. I personally think this is a great move by companies, as there is no limit to the innovation associated with it and staying healthy while at home is the need of the hour.

Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/adidas-ai-3d-printing-coronavirus-sales-plunge-2020-4.