10/16 activity

Yes, I believe that a a combined T-Mobile/Sprint company can effectively compete with AT&T and Verizon. Combind as one company they will be stronger than two separate companies with high revenue and more wireless spectrum, so that they could offer a nationwide 5g network. The biggest strength is that they will have plenty of bandwidth to offer a 5g network nationwide. However the biggest weakness/ challenge will be to try to integrate two companies (T-mobile/ Sprint) into one large competitor. I believe that Dish should be the 4th wireless carrier because they already purchased boost mobile and already had wireless spectrum from the FCC auctions.

4 thoughts on “10/16 activity

1. According to T-Mobile their merger with Sprint will increase their capacity 14x over what we have today to cover more businesses across the country over the next 6 years. Their network will be 8x faster than current LTE in just a few years, and 15x faster in the next six years. Since they already have the largest 5G network, and within the next six years we’ll provide 5G to 99% of Americans. As Sprint owned a lot of valuable midband wireless spectrum, which allows for 5G service that’s faster than existing 4G LTE speeds and can traverse a good amount of distance, this has now given the opportunity to T-Mobile to own that spectrum. Both T-Mobile and Sprint users will see a drastic change in speed over the years to come which won’t take that long.

Source: https://www.t-mobile.com/brand/t-mobile-sprint-merger-updates

2. With the advancements in technology it is not as important to have quantity of towers but more the quality of connection they give. In my hometown there is one of the largest AT&T buildings in the country in the town over and they still aren’t the best provider for my town which is very hilly. This brings me back to quality of connection and that if you have the tech it doesn’t matter you large you are and that the playing fields are becoming more even everyday.

3. I 100% agree that a combined T-Mobile/Sprint company could effectively compete with AT&T and Verizon. With the combined bandwidth and 5g network it could become nationwide, even in areas where they don’t have internet access now. If they could get access to people in the dark areas of the United States they could become great competitors. Dish could attempt to be a competitor, but I think it would be challenging to gain traction and catch up to the others. Dish is so far behind the other companies that I feel it would be too challenging to come back and have the chance to become a legit competitor. The bandwidth of both of them combined would be much better than both of them alone. Obviously now T-Mobile and Sprint have a good amount of customers, but combined they could have a large network.

4. I too think that T-Mobile and Sprint combining with each other could competitively compete with other big cellphone companies. I personally have been a user for both Verizon and Sprint and I think that Sprint is overall a much better experience. The connection is stronger, it is cheaper, and it gives my family and I more freedom with talking and texting. On top of the fact that Sprint is introducing a 5g network, their huge wireless spectrum allows Sprint to keep users all over the world connected without fail or lag.