Guitar Hero and Rockband are back

So in case you all haven’t heard or seen the trailers, both Rockband and Guitar Hero are coming out with new games later this year. According to IGN, Rockband is making their game for both old and current consoles. They also claim old controllers will be compatible with the new game so you will not have to purchase new instruments. Guitar Hero Live will not feature an entire band set as Activision is going back to its roots and implementing a new guitar scheme with a new controller. The controller will have 6 buttons, 3 black and 3 white (The buttons will be in two columns next to each other). The track will then display the color as well as the button as the song plays. IGN is speculative about the new games especially Rock Band. The song lists have already been leaked, but I have not researched what the songs will be yet. I personally am pumped for both games. I will probably buy Guitar Hero just because I am curious as to how the new guitar controller plays and the different play style that will ensue. Also did I mention Guitar Hero Live is first person? Well it is and it also is supposed to be a real life like experience with actors playing your fans (probably fill ins) and real band members. You can see all this in the video provided by the link. The whole idea of first person concerting sounds awesome, but IGN also brings up some valid points. If all these game “views” are video recordings of real people, how often do these playbacks loop? Can I expect to see the same thing every concert. I honestly think the game developers will do something clever where each venue has a different feel, but I could be wrong. All in all I am very excited for these games to come back and I can’t wait to get a fake plastic button guitar back in my hands.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.