Daniel Forziat Gaming Profile

Hello, my name is Daniel Forziat. I am a senior in IST Design Development. I have been playing video games since I was a small kid and my first ever experience was a Gameboy Color. I still play quite frequently today and I primarily play on PC and 3DS, but occasionally I’ll play on my PS4 or Wiiu if there is a console exclusive I want to play.  I play a lot of games but my favorite 3 genres are fighting games, role playing games, and action rpgs.

I love fighting games because I really like high physical execution, 1 VS 1  games. I used to play Starcraft 2 at a Masters league level, but I could not keep up a lifestyle that would allow me to continuously play at that level. I’m sure everyone knows about the Korean pro gamers that would play Starcraft with 300 actions per minute and how ridiculous that looks. I decided to switch to fighting games because they still maintain that high level of execution and 1 VS 1 mode that I really enjoy. I prefer 1 VS 1 because I do not like relying on teammates and it feels that much better when you beat a friend or someone online. My favorite fighting games are typically made by Capcom. My favorite Capcom fighting games are Ultra Street Fighter IV and Marvel vs Capcom 3. I play a good amount of Street Fighter V, but so far I have been pretty disappointed with the game. While I do not really play any other fighting games seriously, I still like to dabble around in King of Fighters by SNK, and Guilty Gear Xrd by Arc System Works. The reason I play fighting games is because they are incredibly rewarding. Every combo takes hours and hours to train into your muscle memory. Then you must be able to actually land your combos and play intelligently in order to win. Fighting games are very strict and very difficult, but nothing feels better than finally beating someone with a combo that took you 10 hours of practice to pull off.

My other two favorite genres are closely related, but different enough that I’ll classify into two different categories. The reason that I like these genres is because they both typically have large open worlds that you can explore. Some of my favorite role playing games are The Witcher 3, Skyrim, and Dragon Age Origins. My favorite of these 3 is Witcher 3. I love the Witcher’s world since it is huge but it also feels very alive. The cities seem real and the everything about that game felt purposeful. My favorite action rpgs are Dark Souls 1-3, BloodBorne, and Metal Gear Solid V. The world in these games also feel amazing to be a part of. I really enjoy the meaty combat that the Dark Souls franchise and Bloodborne have. On the other hand, I immensely enjoy the stealth mechanics and story that MGSV contains. In these games I feel very immersed in the world and story that they present. MGSV and the Witcher 3 are a bit more guided when it comes to delivering the story, but games like Dark Souls use items, enemies, and the world itself to explain the story. Each one of these games provide a unique world that I love to be a part of.

This entry was posted in Gaming Profile. Bookmark the permalink.