Ghost Recon Wildlands

Ubisosft has really knocked it out of the park with this new Ghost Recon title. This game has a lot of cool features that I will mention in this post.

One of the things that they did really well with this game is the incorporation of cooperative play. You can easily join with up to 3 of your friends and explore the massive world of Bolivia. Another cool feature is the open world element which allows you to explore any region of the map at any time and there is no specific order in which you have to complete the missions. When you are playing the missions, there are so many different approaches that you can take to complete it which is really cool. You can take a stealthy approach by sniping enemies with a suppressed sniper rifle from 400 meters away while laying prone on a mountain or you can just run right into the objective with an assault rifle and kill everybody (this will usually not end well as I have learned from experience).

In terms of mechanics, the game is very easy to understand because it is a very similar control scheme to the call of duty games. The driving in the game is the same controls as the Grand Theft Auto games. Another thing that was really cool was incorporating a skill point system that allows you to upgrade different skills of your character, drone, or rebel support. All in all, this game has been a blast so far and I look forward to seeing how the rest of it unfolds.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Ghost Recon Wildlands

1. zzt5046 says:

Before it came out, I only saw one trailer for Wildlands, and forgot about it for awhile until I saw that the open beta was out. Honestly, I enjoyed it, but at the same time, I’m playing so many other games right now that I couldn’t bear myself to spend full price on it. The single player games I already play would keep me from progressing that far into yet another single player game without forgetting something about another and having to relearn a mechanic or even start over.

2. asl5257 says:

Really cool to see a review of Wildlands. The trailers really drew me in, but I’ve been apprehensive about the game regardless. I’ve never played any of the Ghost titles, or any Tom Clancy games besides Splinter Cell for that matter. I really like the idea of completing missions how you want to. That was one of my favorite aspects of Fallout, but after a while, the gunplay gets kind of boring. I might have to check the game out in more detail sometime soon.

3. sif5226 says:

Some of my favorite games are ones that allow you to complete objectives in multiple ways. As you mentioned, you can either go guns blazing or quietly kill from afar in Wildlands. I haven’t played Wildlands (Though I’ve been wanting to get it), but it sounds similar to Metal Gear Solid V, where you can simply stealth most missions or go loud. What I like most about this feature is that it allows you to replay the game at least once to try playing in a different style than before. If a fun game has replay-ability such as this, it is an instant buy for me.

4. drf5180 says:

It’s very cool to hear that you are having fun with Wildlands! From what I have read and heard, the game seems to be very polarizing in a lot of ways. I think you enjoyment seems to be derived a lot from the co-operative play. I guess my question to you then is “How does it hold up when played solo?”. The game seems to have a lot of cool stuff that really only benefits players who play in groups. The whole sync shooting and communication seems like it would be lost when playing with bots. Still I am glad you are enjoying it!