Happiest Trip on Earth

I found a shirt with the name of my blog, so of course I had to get it

Hello, hello Disney fans! Welcome back to another installment of It All Started With a Mouse! As you all know, I just recently got back from my favorite place in the world (so sad). For the rest of my posts this semester, I am going to be talking about different aspects of the trip. So, without further ado, let’s get to it!

For this blog, I’ll be telling you about some really cool and unique experiences I had while in Disney this time. First, we’re going to start with the Wild Africa Trek in Animal Kingdom. This was such an incredible experience and definitely one of my favorite things I’ve ever done on Disney property. For this, we took a tour through the 110 acres of the safari grounds in Animal Kingdom. When we got there, we got special gear to put on. We had a vest and harness that were hooked up to a zip-line type cord so we could go near cliffs and dangerous spots near the animals. They also gave us a complimentary souvenir water bottle which was pretty cool. Once all ready to go, our group was taken through a cast-member only area to see some of the animals up close and personal. We saw hippos, rhinos, zebras, crocodiles, and so many more animals. They also had some of the caretakers come out and talk with us about the animals. 

In my opinion, the best part of this was when we got to see the crocs and hippos. To see them, we crossed a swinging bridge above the animals which was incredible. After this, we got on a private safari jeep and ate lunch in a hut on the savannah. From there, we were able to eat unique foods and watch the animals while we ate. All in all, this was one of my favorite things we did on this trip. I 10/10 recommend doing this.

If you’re interested in seeing a bit of what the day looked like, here’s a link to a TikTok I made about it

Another cool thing we were able to do was a VIP tour. For this, we had a tour guide and were able to get on any ride we wanted with little or no wait. It was incredible. We started the day in Animal Kingdom at noon. We rode Flights of Passage (an INCREDIBLE ride) and Na’vi River Journey before being whisked to Hollywood Studios through backstage entrances. In Hollywood Studios, we rode Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Slinky Dog Dash, Rise of the Resistance (another SUPER COOL ride), Smuggler’s Run, Tower of Terror, and Rockn’ Rollercoaster. We then went to Magic Kingdom, which is where things started to get interesting. We rode Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain, and Peter Pan. Our plan was to go to Mine Train next, but it was starting to rain, which closed the ride. Instead, we opted to ride Space Mountain and then head to Epcot. By the time we got to Epcot, it was starting to rain a bit again. It wasn’t very hard so we ignored it and kept going. We rode Frozen Ever After and were about to walk over to Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure when the skies opened and it started raining harder than I have ever seen. Withing 30 seconds I was completely soaked. We decided to bail on Remy and instead went back to our hotel to dry off. Because we didn’t get to ride Remy, our AMAZING tour guide (shoutout Annie!!) got us a Lightning Lane (the new version of FastPass) for the next day, so we were able to ride it. Overall, this was an awesome day. 8 hours, 4 parks, 14 rides. Incredible. 

I’m nearing the end of my allotted word-count, but I have one last honorable mention before I sign off. On our second-to-last night, we went into Magic Kingdom around 10 pm to do a little shopping and ride a few more rides before the park closed at 11. When 11 came around, we found out that people staying in certain resorts could stay until 1 am. This was a game changer. We got to ride multiple rides over and over again without getting off and we had certain sections of the park all to ourselves. It was my favorite night of the trip.

Well, that’s all for today. If you made it this far, thanks for sticking with me! Stay tuned next week for a post on my favorite things I ate on my trip. See ya real soon!

6 thoughts on “Happiest Trip on Earth

1. I’m so glad you had such a fun trip! I obviously love all of the photos included, and the VIP tour sounds so cool. I’m glad you got on Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure- I’m really excited to get on that in May!

2. Ok, so, first, it sounds like this was a really good trip! I’ve always wondered how Disney keeps people coming back, and so I assume that a lot of these rides/attractions were new? I’ve never been, so I’m not sure. Second, what is Epcot? Again, I’ve never been, so I don’t know.
    Third, if you liked the Disney Safari, I highly recommend taking a Safari abroad. I know that you said in the comments of my last passion blog that you wanted to get your family to branch out, so I recommend Kenya/Tanzania. Mostly because that’s the only one I’ve been on and it was awesome.

3. Wow! your trip sounds like it was a lot of fun, I’m glad you enjoyed yourself. Since I’m going this July, I want to visit the safari. I love animals and the whole experience of walking through an animal kingdom

4. I’m so glad you had a nice trip! I hope I will get to go back to Disney sometime soon. I miss doing all of the safari things at animal kingdom. One of my favorite things we did when we went to Disney is the boat ride during the fireworks at Epcot. Have you ever done that?

5. I am so glad you enjoyed your trip. The safari sounds awesome! Every time I go to Disney, Animal Kingdom is always my favorite park, so this might be something in the plans for next trip. In January, I also rode “Flight of Passage” and absolutely loved it. However, it was very funny because my mom hated it. She usually gets motion sick, but “Flight of Passage” brought it to a new level. When we looked over at her, she had her eyes closed as tight as she could. I guess I’ll be riding “Flight of Passage” alone next trip!