Alita 2: Triumph of the Battle Angel

Alita: Battle Angel (2019) is one of the best movies to come out in the last few years. It is meant to have a second part, but Disney acquired Fox before work begun on part two. Many fans across America have signed petitions to get Disney to set in motion a sequel, but to no avail.

Alita: Battle Angel Billboards Pop Up in LA as Fans Campaign for Sequel
Billboard requesting Disney to make the sequel in downtown Los Angeles.

*** SPOILERS AHEAD ***

Alita: Battle Angel (2019) - IMDb
Alita and the main characters in the background.

For those of you who did not watch it……… go watch it!!!! …… If you can’t, that is OK, but you should still take the time to watch it whether you like action movies or not.

Anyway, here is the recap if you still haven’t watched it or only vaguely remember it. The movie is set on Earth in the year 2563, 300 years after the war known as “The Fall.” Dr. Ido is scraping for parts in a junk yard when he stumbles upon a brain that has managed to survive. He installs the brain into an old robot and names it Alita. Alita does not remember anything from her past, but starts to remember slowly as she explores the city and body she is in. One night comes along and Alita decides to follow Dr. Ido when he leaves. It is revealed that he is part of a bounty hunter cult. While standing there, they both get jumped and are fighting their way out when Alita exhibits movements that have not been seen since the great war. The next day, Alita finds a space ship from her memories and discovers an elite bod inside of it. She brings it back to Dr. Ido, but he refuses to place her into it. Alita joins the bounty hunter cult so that she can earn enough to pay another doctor to put it into it. During this journey, Dr. Ido follows her and is eventually unable to protect her against those who have discovered her past. To protect her, Dr. Ido places Alita into the elite body. She then begins to go after the system and the people that are controlling the city. And all of a sudden, when the movie is about to get better, the screen displays “to be continued…”

That is just all of the major events that occurred, and there is the emotional subplot I could not account for, or else I would be writing for ages. This just goes to show that you have to watch the whole movie to feel the passion for the sequel at the ending cliff hanger.

The movie was one of the most expensive movies I have written about yet with a budget of $170 million. Fortunately, that money made the quality of the movie even greater with its stunning graphics. The movie, made nearly $500 million so I must ask, why is there not a sequel?? The only plausible reason I could come up with is that Disney does not want to risk spending that kind of money for a sequel.

Like I said in the beginning, a sequel is what the people want and are pushing for! Unlike some of my other blog posts, I actually believe there is a high chance of this sequel happening. Lets make it happen!

Alita Battle Angel producer wants fans to help make sequel happen
Alita’s elite warrior body.

3 thoughts on “Alita 2: Triumph of the Battle Angel

1. This is another movie that I have not seen. The sci-fi, anime looks does not appeal to me, but that’s just my opinion. From what you have presented, I sounds like there is a good chance at a sequel. Maybe Disney does not want to use old Fox franchises though.

2. Wow this movie looks so cool! This is the first one that I have never seen or heard about which is crazy because I am usually up to date about my Disney films. The graphics look really interesting though, entertainment today is insane.

3. I have actually not heard of this movie so it was surprising to read that it made $500 million! Since Thanksgiving break is around the corner, maybe I will find some time to watch some of the movies you have been writing about!