E-MERGEnt > Self

The “Mind-Lens” Experience

The year is 2020. A future version of myself is preparing to introduce a new technological device to my students. To those of us who live in the current time, this technology is something that seems so physically impossible, that it would be dream-like. But, in my future world, technology such as this has become the norm, and needless to say it has changed the way in which people experience their own ideas and perceptions of the world around them. The technology in which I describe emulates the HoloLens by Microsoft. Named the “Mind-Lens” this device, once activated by a student, will give the student complete access to manipulate the world around them, on a virtual level. The power and ability to bring to life anything that might be running through their minds will become possible with this device. This experience will be used to show how the things we make and create effect our environment, and this device will have the capabilities to connect with the ideas and creations of other HoloLenses. Another influential aptitude of this device would be to travel back into the future, to any time or place, which would give the user the chance to interact and manipulate the events and environments. This aligns with my teaching philosophies in a way that gives students a hands-on, immersive experience with their ideas and their environment. I want to teach others that they are in control of their ideas and are able to have a voice that can have an effect on their enviornments.

About jcl5354