Teaching Philosophy

My understanding of the learning process is based on an holistic conception of education. According to this principle, I try to take into consideration all aspects of the educational environments in order to maximize the potential of all the resources and interactions involved. More specifically, I make efforts to control all the elements that are susceptible of providing enriching insight into the classroom. Through the process, I like to individualize the learning process as much as possible with two objectives in mid. First, the adaptation of the content to students’ interests, and, on the other hand, the creation of activities in which the challenge they represent for the students adapts to their current skills.  In addition, it is also important for me to understand the dynamics behind the social interactions of the group in order to create the most comfortable environment for students to actively participate, something fundamental for language learning. I put special emphasis on knowledge not only as a resource for the future but mainly as a matter of enjoyment for students. Along this line, I try to transmit my passions within the field of Spanish Literature as a source of motivation. Within the framework of an structured curriculum, I like to promote the closest experience to an immersion program within my classroom. I try to achieve excellence in everything I do and that reflects on the expectations I set in the classroom. It is not only a matter of knowledge and skills, but one of interest and discipline.