Advocacy Campaign/Issue Brief Ideas

Below are several possible ideas that I think would fit this assignment well. I hope expand on these ideas as I learn more about the assignment.

1.  Continue with my civic issue blog theme of religion and religious problems in America: I’ve become very passionate about this topic after researching it heavily over the past few months, and think that I could focus on a certain religion-related problem to create an effective project. This would certainly be a civic issue, and I know that I could draw from numerous modern statistics and movements in order to create my own advocacy argument.
  2. Attempt to discredit an existing civic advocacy movement with a different civic advocacy movement that I create: There are so many social movements spouted into societal consciousness in modern America, and in my opinion several of them are uncalled for and harmful. Maybe an interesting take on this project would be using my own movement to bring down another, destructive movement.
  3. Create a local advocacy project: There are several visible civic issues in my own town that I’d like to assist in resolving. Maybe a project focused on one of them would be a good idea, in that I’d have a personal stake in the outcome and would be incredibly knowledgeable of the topic already.
  4. Create a civic advocacy project regarding an issue on campus: I think it’d be original, and I’d have the opportunity to go in depth in that all of the information I would need is easily found.

I understand that these ideas are general and unspecific, but I hope to clarify them with my partner during class time. Please let me know what you think of each, I’d be glad to hear your feedback.