Favorite Baked Goods!

What is up with blog readers! This week we are talking about my sweet tooth. But who doesn’t have a sweet tooth. I will talk about my favorite baked goods and why they are so special to me. 

Sit back, read and eat something good while reading! Enjoy!

What's trending in the top five global bakery markets | 2019-08-22 | Baking  Business

#1

Starting at number #1 my favorite baked good has to be a delicious chocolate croissant.

Chocolate croissants are just something else. It is butter outside with crisp flakes of the skin and when you bite in you get the sweet chocolate. The epic combination of Sweet but savory. Delicious if I say so myself.

Chocolate Croissants — Sprinkled With Jules

Although, croissants are not considered to be a particularly healthy option. Croissants are made with butter and white flour, both of which are refined, meaning they have had some of their nutrients removed and have added sugar and fat. Adding butter to the dough can make the croissants high in saturated fat. But I will sacrifice all of that knowledge for a delicious Chocolate croissant.

When I was little, after school once a week my parents would take me to the Nugget. Nugget Markets is a family-owned upscale supermarket chain operating within the greater Sacramento metropolitan area as well as in Marin and Sonoma counties in Northern California. They bake fresh danishes, croissants, and many other baked goods till 12;00pm and I would always get a Chocolate croissant. So that is where my love for chocolate croissants came from.

I did try and make a chocolate croissant but failed but I did make a mean cinnamon roll.

Here is a link to the recipe I tried!

https://tasty.co/recipe/homemade-chocolate-croissants-pain-au-chocolate

Make sure you have like an 8 hour window for this!

#2

Coming in at #2 is monkey bread! Holy moly guys when I tell you warm gooey sweetness is what you get when you taste monkey bread expect more. I grew up on monkey bread. From my dad buying it at the store and making it to going to a bakery 40 mins from my house in Folsom for freshly made Monkey bread. 

Monkey Bread from Scratch Recipe

Some people would where it gets its name well, Monkey bread gets its name by the method in which it is eaten. Which is picking off chunks of buttery, gooey dough with your fingers not unlike a monkey grooming his buddy (which is actually a weird thing to name a food after, if you really think about it.)

Other than that brief description monkey bread is made out of a bundt cake made from balls of dough rolled in cinnamon sugar. Arrange the dough balls in a Bundt pan, then top it all with a buttery brown sugar sauce before baking and wallah the best breakfast, dessert ever! 

But I might be a little biased! 

A lot of people do add things to it! I’ve seen people at nuts on top. But i would not do that if I were you. Or do it!

Also weird enough monkey bread is also served in the east dining hall and it isn’t awful there so try it out when they have it!

With Love Baked Goods

These two baked goods are one of the best things I remember and still have since I was a kid. It warms me up inside and out with memories I shared with my family. very nostalgic foods for me. 

But that is it for this week! I hope you enjoyed reading about my favorites and feel free to share your favorite baked food and why it’s your favorite. Thank you for tuning in and see you next week!

3 thoughts on “Favorite Baked Goods!

1. Croissants are already so good, but chocolate ones are on a whole other level. Have you ever had the chocolate-hazelnut hand tarts that a few places around campus have?

2. Oh my goodness I absolutely LOVEEE croissants!!! I was at my father’s job today, and as I have mentioned before, he is a baker. They specialize in artisan bread, but they do make pastries like danishes and croissants and my dad would bring them home for me every time as a kid. I do not know how anyone could not love a perfect croissant. The monkey bread sounds so delicious and fun to try. I will definitely look around and see if there are any stores in the DMV that sell them!

3. I wasn’t hungry and now I am, which is super rude of you to be honest. I am obsessed with sweets, but not in the frosting way, in the way you talked about it. Super good! Gosh, ok, I need to go eat a gummy worm or something now. How dare you!