I Am Who I Am!

Diving into the inner depths of who I am isn’t as simple as telling you, my name. I have had a very unique life up to this point, from my parents divorcing at a very young age, living solely with my mother, homeless and moving continuously throughout my childhood. Never settling down to develop true relationships with people, but also staying grounded and true to who I wanted to be. It wasn’t until I reached the age of legally driving that I felt enough courage to leave that situation and move to my fathers. From there I was able to finally settle down and find true relationships with friends that I have continued to share my life with today.

However unpleasant the times of my childhood were, my mother always found ways to keep me grounded to who I was. She always had me involved in activities such as sports and horseback riding. By gathering means that I knew we didn’t have, she provided what she could so I could excel. From achieving the Cornhusker State Games Championship in soccer, or the National Grand Championship for Horse Showmanship in 4H. I wouldn’t trade those times for any other. To say the least, I had nothing but had everything at the same time.

My name is Joseph Taylor. I am now married with two wonderful, successful children. I am a retired Army Veteran of over 2o years where I reached the rank of First Sergeant. I have served all over the globe. My eyes have never been wider in experiencing new adventures and meeting new people. My humble beginnings have allowed me to constantly see the brighter side of things and helps encourage me to strive for success in all I do.  I am taking this course as part of my prerequisites into my Turf Management degree program. I am pursuing this degree to achieve the status of Gulf Course Superintendent which will go along with one day owning my own course. I love many sports, but golf has always been my strongest passion.  My experience with information systems is different. With my job in the Army, I had 136 different programs within the operating systems I had to learn to be war time ready. All were vital to the success of my military specialty. However, none were related to basic Microsoft or Apple software. I am looking forward to what this course brings as I love the challenge of new beginnings.