WIP: Advocacy Progression

1. In the last few days, I’ve decided that my project will consist of 4 satirical articles, formatted in a blog post style with captioned images throughout. I’ve finished one of these, at about two pages in length, and I’ve outlined and gathered resources for two more.

2. I need to write the other 3 articles, and develop my cover sheet. Tomorrow and Saturday will consist of working on articles, and on Monday I can finalize the cover sheet given all of the information I’ve already compiled. After that, I will look over everything and edit it to make sure that no minor errors remain for the final submission.

3. A cover sheet, a word document with the 4 articles in it

4. How would you suggest that I make my project live in the real world? This isn’t something that can be easily hung out in public view, and there would be next to no possibility of getting public exposure on the internet on even a small scale, so is there anything beyond the advocacy fair and show and tell segment that I would be able to do to expose people?

One thought on “WIP: Advocacy Progression

1. Anne Kretsinger-Harries

Hi, Jeff:

This all sounds great! I’m really looking forward to reading the final products.

In answer to your question about how your project can live in the real world — what you have planned actually sounds fine. One thing you could consider is creating a separate tab on your course blog where you can feature these posts (especially since you describe them as being formatted in blog post style). Or, you could wait until you create your e-Portfolio, and create a space for featuring your articles there. I recognize that these two online sites are not completely “real world,” but they would at least afford you a few additional readers! Plus, the project sounds like it is designed very well, and it would be nice to feature them in an online space.

Good luck, and keep me posted if you have other questions/concerns!

Anne