Passion Blog #1

My biggest passion that also revolves around my hobbies and my daily life is sports. I spend a lot of my time either playing, watching, or talking about sports. Growing up I played every sport that was available to me, including football, soccer, basketball, golf, baseball, and lacrosse. As I got older I didn’t have the time to play all of them competitively, so in high school I played football, basketball and baseball. When it comes to watching sports, I’m very passionate about the teams I support. The teams I follow include the Yankees, Knicks, Juventus, Chicago Bears, PGA Tour, and the Italian national team in soccer. Growing up in New York, sports talk has always been a really entertaining aspect of life because of how serious everyone takes it. Some of my best memories from childhood consist of me and my friends debating trending topics at the lunch table or watching football together every Sundays. On top of all of that, sports is the best way for me to clear my mind. If I’m ever stressed out or am without something to do, I’ll walk to the nearest court and play basketball for a couple hours. The majority of my close friends to this day were my teammate at one point or another, further showing why sports have been so important in my life.

Author: John Sarcone

Sup crutha

4 thoughts on “Passion Blog #1”

1. Sports are an important part of a lot of people’s lives, just like you said, it has the capacity to bring people together, but, as discussed in class, sometimes, sports can also increase the divide between two “rival” communities. As your are an avid sports player, I would love to read your take on the same!

2. This seems like a great idea for your passion blog! While I would have liked to see another idea thrown in, it seems that you would have plenty to talk about with sports, and it is a good choice for you to go with for this semester. I look forward to reading your blog!

3. I like the way you talked about not only the way sports are important in your life, but also gave examples of the way you’ve essentially “grown up” with them. While I’m definitely a sports fan, I don’t think I can claim to be even close to as knowledgeable as you, so i’m really excited to read your take on popular events going on among the sports industry!

4. This blog shows immense thought and hard work, and I throughly enjoy how well written everything is. These two passion of yours are one’s that I sincerely believe will bring you loads of success, and I would love to learn more about both of them. Both passions that you brought up could transform into profound blogs. These both hold great significance in your life, and I wish you the best in whichever it is that you chose to pick.