RSS Feed

Gorgeous in all aspects.

February 3, 2014 by Jayme Renee Rhoads   

Unfortunately, we are still living in a winter wonderland. And without proper care during the winter, skin can really get messed up; hands crack and dry out, lips chap easily and faces lose moisture. Thankfully LUSH is in the world to help to banish these issues. Today, I want to talk about their facial moisturizers– which are expertly concocted face lotions. There are several choices, so practically any kind of skin (dry, oily, combination, normal, etc.) can be taken care of by LUSH.

Gorgeous is their most expensive (and luxurious) facial moisturizer. My boyfriend’s mother surprised me with Gorgeous for my birthday! I honestly look forward to putting this magical lotion on my face. It’s packed with the finest quality ingredients in their best forms which makes this moisturizer so effective. Fun fact: this was created specifically for Princess Diana! It is perfect for all skin types. I feel like my combination skin is a lot less oily but still very moisturized. I use this twice daily after cleansing my face with Let the Good Times Roll and toning with Breath of Fresh Air toner water. I really love this facial moisturizer and I’ll be very sad whenever it runs out, but that shouldn’t be for a long time because LUSH’s moisturizers last about a year for me. Seriously, just a dab will do!

20140110_202939

Imperialis is a really great face lotion for combination skin. It works to moisturize wherever needed and make oily skin matte. The smell is really nice because of the lavender and orange blossom water. I just loved how it really did what it claimed. I have combination skin and Imperialis helped to regulate the balance of my skin. I highly recommend this if you’re not really sure which moisturizer to choose from LUSH. It’s a good starting point to figure out what works best for your skin.

100_7077

Celestial was the moisturizer I tried after I ran out of Imperialis. I was in Los Angeles and I was going to buy another Imperialis but the smell of Celestial was just too good to pass up! It has vanilla water, dove orchid and almond oil/milk–so this lotion smell slightly like a vanilla cupcake. It was made for really sensitive skin, but it’s perfect for most kinds. Even though it is heavier than some of the other moisturizers, it doesn’t make my skin oily. When I use this lotion my face feels really soft and well taken care of. I think it’s a great year-round moisturizer and especially perfect for the winter time. I still have probably half of my Celestial left after 7 months and now I use it when I don’t want to use up my Gorgeous or when I need a little extra lotion.

00407

Vanishing Cream is one that is perfectly crafted for really oily skin. I only had a sample size of this and it wasn’t moisturizing enough for my skin, but I could tell that it worked really well. It has a really nice smell to it too. This is something that would be especially nice to use during the summer or whenever you need a lighter face lotion.

100_5499

Cosmetic Lad is one that is geared towards men, but plenty of women use it too! It smells like an orange creamsicle and it works well. It was made as a post-shaving cream to make sure that chins are well taken care of. It is soothing for skin that has been damaged or harmed by shaving. My boyfriend used this and his skin looked and felt better. Plus his face seemed to stay smoother for longer. He now uses Celestial, which works as well as Cosmetic Lad to sooth and smooth. This lotion is marketed specifically for guys, but all LUSH moisturizers would work as a post-shave treatment.

00413

I really recommend LUSH’s facial moisturizers! They seem pretty costly, but I swear that they are worth it, and they last a long time since you only need to use a little bit. And the ingredients are expertly chosen to make the best skin-care possible. They don’t just throw in fancy ingredients, LUSH specifically chooses each flower or fruit or oil for its certain skin-care qualities.

Hopefully this was informative!

~Jayme Renee

P.S.  Guys, you should know that it is extremely important for you to moisturize your faces! LUSH’s facial moisturizers are made for both women and men. Often times men think that it’s too ‘girly’ to use lotion, but it’s really beneficial for keeping skin in its best form. Plus, ladies love men with healthy and soft skin. So don’t be afraid of lotion!

»

You must be logged in to post a comment.