RSS Feed

Shower Gels.

February 20, 2014 by Jayme Renee Rhoads   

I know I have talked about several of LUSH’s shower gels in other posts, but I finally have a large enough repertoire of gels in order to make an entire post about them. In general, LUSH’s shower gels are extremely effective, long-lasting and fragrant. On average, the largest size (16.9 fl oz or 500ml) lasts about 1 year and 3 months because the product is so highly concentrated. In this case, a little does go a very long way. Before LUSH came into my life, I probably went through one large bottle of shower gel per month, so only using one bottle for over a year is wonderful!

The shower gel section of my LUSH collection

Some shower gels are seasonal, meaning that they only are on the shelves or online during a certain holiday or a limited period of time. Sometimes they keep bringing back a certain shower gel during the same time of year because people love it; for example– Snow Fairy shower gel. This gel is a huge LUSH fan favorite and so they bring it back every Christmas. These are the seasonal/limited time shower gels that I own:

Rose Jam Shower Gel

20140110_202350

The Rose Jam shower gel came out last year around October. I was so freaking excited to buy this shower gel because it has the same scent as my favorite bubble bar– Rose Jam Bubbleroon. The scent is a modern rose with a hint of lemon. For our one year anniversary, my boyfriend surprised me with a LUSH present that included one small Rose Jam shower gel and Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner. The Rose Jam shower gel is one of the best gels I have ever used! It smells just like the Bubbleroon and it lathers up so well. The gel is super softening for the skin, plus you can use it as a shampoo. I give it an A++! And I now have one large size, one medium and two smalls… I’m a happy and lucky girl!

Smells like: Rose Jam Bubbleroon, Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner, A Million Kisses lip tint and Chou Chou toothy tabs.

Ponche Shower Gel

20140110_201918

I think Ponche has been around for the past two Christmas seasons at LUSH. I never smelled it in the store, but I ordered it online this past Christmas during the BOGO sale. After Christmas is over, LUSH has a sale in stores and online that you can buy one product and get one for free! So I bought the medium and the small size bottles of Ponche just because I wanted to try it out and the reviews were very positive. It is inspired by a Mexican Christmas punch– so it is very fruity and slightly boozy. I really like the smell of it! It lathers up extremely well and helps to wake me up. It deserves an A+!

Snow Fairy Shower Gel

20140110_202005

Snow Fairy is the most popular Christmas time shower gel. It is a light pink shower gel with glitter and it smells like cotton candy… No wonder people love it! It’s a really fun treat to use when I want to feel especially girly. It makes really nicely fragrant bubbles and would be great as a bubble bath as well! I give it an A!

Smells like: Bubble Gum lip scrub, MMM bath melt and  Creamy Candy bubble bar.

Prince Charming Shower Gel

20140117_153231

This was actually a free gift from LUSH because of a problem I had with one of my other orders… but I don’t like it. This is one of the first LUSH products that I just do not like. It came out for Valentine’s Day and it is supposed to smell like pomegranate, marshmallow and vanilla, but the whole thing just smells like really sour grapefruit when it’s on my skin. It lathers well and does its job, but I just do not like the smell of it. I think there is just too much going on for my nose to handle, therefore the scent is lost to me. I give it a C. Sorry LUSH!

Now for the Year- Round shower gels!!

The Olive Branch

20140117_153317

This has turned into one of my favorite shower gels. I think Rose Jam and The Olive Branch are my two favorites. This one smells so, so, so uniquely good. It is filled with fresh mandarins, bergamot oil and olive oil. All the ingredients have come together in a perfect harmony in this shower gel! Because of the Fair for Life olive oil, this gel is so softening to the skin. It is noticeably different how much softer my skin is after using this gel. Plus the linger of The Olive Branch scent is more than most shower gels. I feel truly blessed to be able to use this shower gel. I only have the small size but I will definitely buy the large one as soon as I need it. A definite A++!

Smells like: The Christmas Penguin bubble bar (seasonal) and Pop in the Bath bubble bar.

It’s Raining Men

20140117_153256

I have another post that includes this shower gel so I’ll just keep this one short. It is a wonderful shower gel that lathers well and smells great! I have a new bottle of it and unfortunately the smell is not at all the same as my previous It’s Raining Men. I think they may have even changed the formula of it, because it is drastically different. But even as a new smell, it is really nice. So I give it an A!

Smells like: Honey I Washed the Kids soap, Honey Bee bath bomb, Soft Coeur massage bar and Gold FUN (seasonal).

Rub Rub Rub

Rub

I mostly bought this shower gel because it smells like my favorite shampoo bar, but I loved it because it was such a great gel! Instead of being in a normal bottle, Rub Rub Rub is in a classic LUSH black pot because it is filled with sea salt for a great exfoliating gel. It smells very fresh, clean and floral. It can also be used as a wonderful shampoo! It is scrubby while also being very softening for the skin. I really like this shower gel and it deserves an A!

Smells like: Seanik shampoo bar and Sakura bath bomb.

Grass

Grass

I only have a sample size of this shower gel and I do quite like it. It honestly smells just like a freshly mown lawn– which might seem strange, but it’s very relaxing for me. It’s such a fresh scent and kind of herbal. It wouldn’t be something that I would want to use every single day but I think it would be nice to have around if I had an especially stressful day. So I give it an A!

Smells like: The Green Bubbleroon

Arrivederci!

~Jayme Renee

»

You must be logged in to post a comment.