RSS Feed

Solid Scents

March 19, 2014 by Jayme Renee Rhoads   

“Perfume is art for the nose” says LUSH. And it is the work of true artists to make the beautiful scents at LUSH. Not only are the bath and body products uniquely scented but LUSH also does have their own line of distinct perfumes– called Gorilla Perfume. They use real ingredients like rose and vanilla pod to create the beautiful scents rather than most perfumes that are filled with artificial oils and extracts. But what also makes LUSH perfumes so unique is that they are both in liquid and solid form!

I know solid perfume isn’t a new or extremely exciting idea but have you ever seen or used a solid perfume in a Push-Pop like bottle? My guess is probably not. So my post today is about LUSH’s solid perfumes, of which I have three.

lush-gorilla-perfume

There are so many LUSH solid perfumes to choose from, all with very unique scents. I have Lust, Tuca Tuca and Vanillary. They come in these really handy black containers that are a lot like Push-Pops; you push from the bottom and the stick of perfume moves up. It’s so much easier than most solid perfumes because you don’t have to dip your finger in to put the scent on your skin. You simply rub the solid perfume onto your skin and it’s beautifully scented for hours without a mess! Plus, that means you won’t have to worry about spilling any liquid perfume when you travel. They are perfect to carry around, especially in a purse. However, I will warn you that they can melt if they get too hot. But other than that they are the most portable perfumes. PLUS! They are not at all expensive. Most perfumes don’t have quality ingredients, but they cost a bunch of money just because of advertising. LUSH doesn’t advertise at all so the costs are extremely reasonable and based on what is actually inside.

Lust was my first solid perfume. I bought it while I was in Quebec. It smells like gardenia and jasmine and it lasts for a long time. I normally don’t like jasmine but this scent is beautiful. Smells like: Lust soap and a little bit like the Sex Bomb bath bomb.

100_5604

Tuca Tuca is so unique that I actually left a LUSH store (with this scent on my wrist) in Toronto and came back within five minutes just to buy this perfume because I couldn’t stop smelling it! I don’t even know how to describe it but it is filled with violet and vanilla. It’s somehow fruity and floral at the same time. It really doesn’t smell like anything else!

tuca tuca

Vanillary is one of my favorites and it reminds me of my sunny and LUSH filled day in Santa Barbara last summer. It is (as you can guess) very vanilla-y. It’s such a warm and inviting scent, I love to wear it on days when I need a little extra comfort. Smells like: Vanilla Dee-Lite lotion (which I absolutely adore)

vanillary

Another cool thing about these perfumes is that they work really well with other scents. I like to wear LUSH solid perfume on my wrist and a liquid perfume (from L’Occitane, The Body Shop or Lilly Pulitzer).

Ciao!

Jayme Renee

2 Comments »

1. Nicole says:

I’ve recently developed a mild obsession with solid perfumes and have snatched up a few from some different brands, trying to find the best formulation. These sound great I’ll have to go in and sniff a few!

2. Alyssa San Jose says:

these sound wonderful! i had never actually heard of solid perfume before.

You must be logged in to post a comment.