RSS Feed

Silly for Strawberry Stuff

March 31, 2014 by Jayme Renee Rhoads   

Most strawberry scented items in the beauty industry are artificial, sickly sweet and just nasty. I love strawberries, they are my favorite fruit (besides grapes), and I am so glad that LUSH came into my life so that it could give me strawberry scented masterpieces.

lush02

My love for LUSH’s strawberry scented products started while I was vacationing in Montreal, Quebec and Tadoussac during the summer of 2011. Before going on this trip, I researched LUSH for months because I knew that there would be a plethora of stores in Canada (all North American LUSH products are hand-made in Vancouver so they have a lot of Canadian stores). This would be my first time going to a LUSH with knowledge of how awesome it is. My first time was in New Zealand and I was brand new to the store, the second time was in NYC with my friend and I didn’t know any of the products nor realize that I already knew this store. This time in Canada was different, because I knew all about the store and I had researched all of the products and found out which ones I wanted. So with my list in hand, I went into the best LUSH store I have ever been to– in Montreal. My mother and I spent literally 3 hours there with the help of the nicest LUSH employees. I bought so many items, but one of the items I didn’t buy was Strawberry Feels Forever… I regretted it tremendously.

LUSH store in old Quebec

LUSH store in old Quebec

After that haul in Montreal, I was lucky to continue my adventure in Quebec. We were walking around old Quebec city and I knew that a LUSH was near by. Against the wishes of my parents, I went in to the quaint (and very uniquely painted) shop and I couldn’t leave the store without buying Strawberry Feels Forever. So for less than 2o bucks I got Strawberry Feels Forever, Sunny Side bubble bar and a massage bar tin. My parents didn’t understand why I needed to get anything else after getting all those LUSH goodies just three days prior, but I knew the scent of that massage bar would haunt me if it didn’t belong to me.

My very first Strawberry Feels Forever

My very first Strawberry Feels Forever

Since then, I think I have bought three or four Strawberry Feels Forever bars! I always like to have one in stock because it just smells so gosh darn good. So Strawberry Feels Forever is a massage bar…now that may seem strange, but basically LUSH’s massage bars are solid lotions. They melt on your skin and work just like normal lotion (only they work and smell better than any other lotion on the planet). This bar in particular smells like the freshest strawberries with a dainty coating of vanilla and white chocolate. The best part is that the smell lingers for so long! I remember sniffing my arm constantly (without shame) whenever I would use this massage bar as my body lotion. I’m obsessed with this massage bar and I only wish they had more year-round products that smelled like it. I know there used to be a creamy shower gel called Yummy Yummy Yummy but that was discontinued before I knew about LUSH and sometimes for Valentine’s Day they bring out the Magic Mushroom bubble bar which smells like SFF! Please LUSH, make more strawberry scented products!

Discontinued strawberry scented shower gel

Magic Mushroom Bubble Bar

Magic Mushroom Bubble Bar

Ciao!

Jayme Renee

2 Comments »

1. Brad Pechin says:

Strawberries are awesome, I totally agree with that. They are one of the most delicious fruits, perhaps the most delicious, and go great with such a wide variety of things that you can pretty much eat them with anything. However, I have never been crazy about strawberry flavored things or strawberry scented things. They never truly capture what I feel should be the essence of strawberry, and it’s often a disappointment to me. I hope that one day the true essence of strawberry will be captured so I can enjoy these things like you do!

2. Helen Tang says:

I personally find the smell of lots of perfumes, lotions, hand sanitizers, etc. way too strong for my nose, so it’s awesome that LUSH’s stuff smells better. There’s a line between sweet and sickening, and I feel like lots of times that line gets crossed.

You must be logged in to post a comment.