RSS Feed

Masking the Imperfections

April 8, 2014 by Jayme Renee Rhoads   

I know I’ve talked about face masks before but I feel like I should have a specific post for LUSH’s masks. There is one regular mask and nine fresh face masks to choose from. The thing that makes the fresh face masks different is that they are only able to be purchased in-store because they have to be refrigerated. Why? Because they are “handmade with the finest essential oils, fresh fruits and veggies, deep cleansing clays and nutrient rich herbs” all without any preservatives. They last for about 2 weeks in the fridge (and I learned that they actually do spoil– meaning that they really are preservative-free)! I have tried the regular face mask (Mask of Magnaminty) and three of the fresh face masks (Catastrophe Cosmetic, Love Lettuce and Cupcake)

20131025_224349

Mask of Magnaminty is LUSH’s face mask that has a shelf life of about four months. It is filled with peppermint that freshens the skin and aduki beans to exfoliate away problems. I first bought this face mask during my reunion with LUSH in NYC at Herald Square. I used it that same night and I fell in love! It’s one of those products that I always have in stock in my bathroom. I use it once or twice a week as a nice refresher if my skin feels like it need a little pick-me-up. I put it on 5-10 minutes before I hop in the shower and it perfectly washes away without leaving any annoying residue. It smells and looks just like mint chocolate chip ice cream! I really love this product and I’m sure I’ll always keep coming back to it.

20131027_204906

Catastrophe Cosmetic is my favorite face mask that I have ever tried. I love the Mask of Magnaminty because I can have it all the time, but I wish I could have Catastrophe Cosmetic on hand at all times. It is a perfect blend of blueberries, calamine and rose absolute. It smells like a blueberry yogurt parfait and it feels so nice on my skin. It doesn’t exfoliate but somehow it cleans out my pores so well. The first time I had this face mask was after my trip to King of Prussia last fall and my skin was in its best condition it had ever been in. I was reluctant to use it all up but I had to. I really really really love this face mask. I have bought it twice now and anytime I go to a LUSH store I will try get a pot of the Catastrophe Cosmetic.

20140112_211148

Love Lettuce is another fresh face mask, but unfortunately I did not like it.. at all. The smell was really weird; it was almost nauseating! It has lavender and almond which sounded really nice but mostly it smelled like old lettuce. I don’t even remember if it worked well because I couldn’t get over the smell. I didn’t use it up, and after having it for about 3.5 weeks in my refrigerator it started to grow mold. I was happy about that because it proved that LUSH wasn’t lying about it being preservative free! They really do have fresh ingredients in their face masks.

Cupcake Fresh Face Mask

Cupcake Fresh Face Mask

Cupcake is a chocolate and mint fresh face mask. It is practically like a chocolate milkshake that is beneficial for your skin. It was a really fun face mask and I enjoyed using it! The smell was delicious and it worked rather well– it is specifically made for young and oily skin. I felt like it left a little residue but it came off when I used a facial cleanser. It’s a perfect face mask to use for spa-sleepovers like I have with my girlfriends. I would buy this again because it’s just so fun!

Ciao!

~Jayme Renee

»

You must be logged in to post a comment.