October 27

Another (Candy)Corny Post

Ciao everyone! Happy countdown until Halloween. In the spirit of Spooky Season, here is a nice fall meme (because I couldn’t find any good Halloween memes nor jokes):

I would rate this meme a solid 8/10 because possum memes are weird and I enjoy them. He looks very cute and very feral simultaneously. 

When thinking about the fall season, I’d imagine most people would talk about sweater weather, pumpkin spice lattes, leaves changing colors, scented candles, or perhaps even chaotic possum memes. However, another fang-tastic aspect of this time of the year is Halloween. Who are you gonna call to find a party invite? I’d hope the Ghostbusters.

Pumpkin Carving | Events | New York Tech

Halloween has been creepin’ it real for over 2,000 years. According to National Geographic, Halloween was first introduced as a pagan holiday celebrated by the Celtics, who resided in modern-day Ireland. These festivities are well-timed with their New Year’s Eve, which happens to fall on October 31st, followed by their New Year’s Day on November 1st, called Samhain. Yet, I can almost guarantee that they didn’t have absolute bops like Spooky Scary Skeletons back then.

On Samhain Eve (Halloween), spirits and other fantastical creatures, such as fairies and demons, were rumored to roam the Earth on this night only. To provide offerings to the gods to insure their safety, the Celtics sacrificed animals and later wore their skins as costumes to “blend in” and “hide” from the evil spirits while visiting neighbors to perform silly tricks and get treats (known widely as trick-or-treating). I wonder if they skinned any deranged possums.

Samhain - Traditions, Halloween, Wicca - HISTORY

Here is an image of a Celtic costume during Samhain and their traditional bonfires

National Geographic also states that “by wearing masks or blackening their faces, Celts are also thought to have impersonated dead ancestors.” This, inherently, catalyzed the tradition of dressing up. In fact, cross dressing was extremely popular during this holiday, where men dressed up as women and women dressed up as men, clearly breaking gender norms during this time.

Samhain was later renamed as All Saints’ Day, or All Hallows’ Day, by Pope Boniface IV in the seventh century. The pope really said, “bow down, witches.” 

Hocus Pocus 2020 reunion teased with first-look cast picture

Several hundred years later, during the immigration boom in the 19th century, many European immigrants brought Halloween to the United States. Anoka, Minnesota is known as the United States’ origin of Halloween festivities. It’s interesting to see how this unique culture slashed its way through American culture and how Halloween is still celebrated every year across the United States. Here, at Penn State, I’m sure there will be plenty of dressed up people wandering around in this Halloweentown. Y’all should comment what costumes you guys are wearing! I’m sure they’ll be a grave-yard smash.

To keep this post as a Thriller, here are some random facts to hocus-pocus yourself into the Halloween spirit:

-More than a third of Americans say they believe in ghosts

-Twenty-three percent claimed to have seen a ghost or sensed one’s presence

-About one in five people believe that spells or witchcraft are real

That’s all for this post; go stuff your faces with some candy and avoid Camp Crystal Lake. Now, it’s my turn to make like a tree and get out of here. Until next time my jokers!

Reference: Handwerk, Brian. “The History of Halloween.” Culture, National Geographic, 3

May 2021,https://www.nationalgeographic.com/culture/article/101029-                                               halloween-costumes-ideas-history-science-nation. 

October 27

Sources for Paradigm Shift Paper

How can one illustrate the perception of ogres throughout history?

I plan to explain the evolution of mythical creatures/monster archetypes throughout literature and film, and then focus mainly on ogres.  I will then explain the ogre’s origin/definition and famous works picturing the ogre over the years and its influence (will be split into old literature and films from 20th Century and current works from the 21st Century).  I hope to juxtapose the symbolism behind the ogre and how they’ve been more humanized over the years. In contrast, I also have some statistics about the popularity of mythical creatures (ogres) and I want to document this through book and movie ticket sales. Additionally, I also have mixed reviews cited about the Shrek movies to show conflicting beliefs in modern society.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/ogre

^will be used for the history of ogres

https://www.oed.com/view/Entry/130848?redirectedFrom=ogre#eid

^definition of an ogre

https://web.p.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail/detail?vid=3&sid=72fdcb0b-5add-4468-9297-d695864b048a%40redis&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZSZzY29wZT1zaXRl#AN=134482281&db=a9h

^this link doesn’t work at the moment but it also discusses more about mythical creatures/archetypes and examples (database)

https://go.gale.com/ps/retrieve.do?tabID=T003&resultListType=RESULT_LIST&searchResultsType=SingleTab&hitCount=12371&searchType=BasicSearchForm&currentPosition=1&docId=GALE%7CCX3424502106&docType=Topic+overview&sort=Relevance&contentSegment=&prodId=GVRL&pageNum=1&contentSet=GALE%7CCX3424502106&searchId=R1&userGroupName=psucic&inPS=true

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/shrek

^shrek movie review to show it’s highly rated reviews

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/may/17/shrek-20-unfunny-overrated-low-blockbuster

^this actually critiques shrek

https://www.dreamworks.com/movies/shrek

^shrek movies listed (since Dreamworks made more than one film, that’s got to mean something)

Beowulf epic poem

^I think Grendel is an evil ogre, which shows that older literature pictures ogres as monsters

https://www.jstor.org/stable/j.ctt4cgpqc

^The Japanese Oni were seen as ogres/cannibals, but then they shifted into the idea of protectors (I also saw this in Teen Wolf lol)

https://www.jstor.org/stable/376778?seq=1#metadata_info_tab_contents

^I think this one is more about mythical creatures and archetypes

https://www.nypl.org/blog/2020/05/18/hallmarks-fantasy-brief-history-fantasy

^History of fantasy literature genre

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/2158244018780946

^Statistics on fantasy genre popularity

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamrowe1/2018/06/19/science-fiction-and-fantasy-book-sales-have-doubled-since-2010/?sh=2d51636c2edf

^Popularity of fantasy genre sales (facts)

Wish me luck to see if I can pull this all together!

October 21

A Very Dank Ted Talk

Inside the mind of a master procrastinator

This Ted Talk is by far one of the best. I find it slightly ironic that I chose this video because I am not a major procrastinator; however, this Ted Talk is superior on several other levels.

One of my favorite parts of this Ted Talk is Tim Urban’s eloquence and charisma. I think he was so well spoken while maintaining a level of informality through analogies and colloquial phrases. His facial expressions, cadence, and change in pitch and tone was captivating, and I aspire to be able to command a room like that one day. His conversational delivery was easy to follow and made sense to the lay person.

Tim Urban is incredibly relatable in this sense as well. His anecdote about his 90 page thesis reminds me of my own thesis that I’ll have to write before I graduate, which I appreciated.  With a mixture of light-hearted humor with the metaphorical “gratification monkey” and the haunting “panic monster,” Urban engages the audience by appealing to pathos and including comedy. I also find it funny that he procrastinated his Ted Talk speech as well, this sort of comes full-circle.

Anyways, here is the brainstorming for blogs:

This paper will be written on the shift of the perception of ogres throughout history. Yes, you’ve guessed it, it’s a Shrek paper.  I will need to find sources but I have the general outline:

*Intro*

Body 1: A history of fantastical creatures and their perception

Body 2: The origin of the ogre

Body 3: More on the Medieval Ages

Body 4: Ogre symbolism/Monster archetype and famous heroes that have fought against these creatures

Body 5: Current ogre culture (LOTR, Shrek!) as seen though film, literature, videogames, etc.

Body 6: The new perception of ogres and how it has changed from hatred to love <3

*Conclusion*

October 21

Stalin-Glad About History Memes

Ciao everyone! Welcome back. I was inspired by a comment from Colin about continuing the meme trend, and although I cannot guarantee that, I do have one for today:

Spicy WW2 memes

I would rate this meme a 10/10 because history memes are on another level. I hope you guys enjoyed it because this blog was due for another history post.

For the whopping 3½ readers I have, I’m sure you know that this is a reference to World War II, which was heavily driven by the tension between the fascists and communists, or rather, the Axis and Ally powers. The Hitler-Stalin rivalry is one of the most toxic relationships, at least in my opinion, throughout history.

Battle of Stalingrad | Historical Atlas of Northern Eurasia (14 December  1942) | Omniatlas

The Battle of Stalingrad, according to History.com, “was a brutal military campaign between Russian forces and those of Nazi Germany and the Axis powers during World War II.” In my own words, I’d call it one big smackdown.

With the ever-advancing German forces, fueled by the ambition of Adolf Hitler, the Nazi forces pushed towards Russia, taking over Eastern European countries in the process, including Belarus and Ukraine, and originally, Poland. From August 1942 through February 1943, Hitler’s Wehrmacht troops and Stalin’s Red Army faced innumerable losses on both sides. 

By the fall of 1942, Stalingrad was in ruins after facing hundreds of thousands of losses, including those of soldiers and civilians. One of the biggest turn-arounds, however, was the Russian winter of 1942, where the German soldiers couldn’t stand the awful weather and sub-zero temperatures. Effectively, German soldiers began to run out of rations and other supplies, driving them out of Russia. This sort of parallels Napoleon’s expansion into Russia and his perpetual failure, which is cool to think about. Let me know if you guys come up with any other similarities from the past as well.

Anyways, by February 1943, Russian troops had retaken Stalingrad. There, Hitler’s influence and hold over his empire was running thin, almost as thin as the starving prisoners of war in Russian camps. It was at this point that Stalin was going for the Stal-win.

How a Secret Hitler-Stalin Pact Set the Stage for WWII - HISTORY

History.com describes the loss at Stalingrad as “the first failure of the war to be publicly acknowledged by Hitler. It put Hitler and the Axis powers on the defensive, and boosted Russian confidence as it continued to do battle on the Eastern Front in World War I.” Sick.

Modern-day Stalingrad was renamed in 1961 as Volgograd (after the Volga River) to denounce Stalin’s name. It is perhaps very wise to not have this dictator-esque name lingering after Stalin’s terrible reign. I believe he actually is responsible for more casualties throughout the 20th Century than Hitler. The city, from there, was rebuilt, and citizens still commemorate this game-changing battle.

I find it ironic how we now make memes out of these events, but it’s fascinating that this form of media helps educate others. I’ve learned a fair share of information from memes and I’m sure you guys have too.

Now, it’s my turn to make like a tree and get out of here. Until next time my jokers!

Reference: History.com Editors. “Battle of Stalingrad.” History.com, A&E Television Networks, 9 

Nov. 2009, https://www.history.com/topics/world-war-ii/battle-of-stalingrad. 

October 14

Unit 1 Speech Reflection

Here is a reflection on the Unit 1 Civic Artifact Speech:

I believe that I spoke clearly and with conviction, while still showing emotion and attempting to be conversational.  While I wish I spent more time revising my notes and not reading off the paper, I think that I did a solid job of creating a concise analysis, but we’ll see.  For the next time, I want to spend more time workshopping my speech and making it even more conversational.  I wish we had more time to talk in order to incorporate more in-depth analysis, and I also wish I was able to include more puns.  I appreciate the feedback from you guys, so thank you for your kind words and constructive criticism!

I’d also like to say that my group mates did a fantastic job on their speeches as well.  All three of you spoke clearly and incorporated a strong analysis, so good job!  I thought it was pretty cool that we all chose historical rhetoric pieces to use.

October 13

The Master of Muppets

Ciao everyone, happy almost-friday. Anyways, instead of the traditional joke, I would like to share a nice meme. I’d like to credit one of my classmates for this suggestion to bring variety to the blog:

I would rate this meme a 8.75/10 because Kermit memes are always good. I’m sure some of us can relate to sleeping in nowadays.

When asked about our favorite Muppet, I’d imagine that the majority would reply with Kermit. I probably would, with Gonzo being a close second. But why? Other than kermitting the crime of stealing our hearts, why are we drawn to this renowned frog?

The answer, simply, is Jim Henson, our true Master of Muppets. Henson, born on September 24, 1936, in Greenville, Mississippi, developed his love for art at a young age. While continuing his passion through high school and into his undergraduate career at the University of Maryland, Henson landed a television gig called Sam and Friends, created in 1955. Here, the Muppets were born, featuring animal-based puppets to provide elementary entertainment. Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, and, you’ve guessed it, Kermit the Frog, made their well-deserved television debut.

Jim Henson - Movies, Storyteller &amp; Death - Biography

Sam and Friends went on to win a local Emmy in 1958, which launched Henson’s career as a famous puppeteer, ultimately culminating into the establishment of the Jim Henson Company.

However, contrary to popular belief, Kermit was not the first nationally renowned Muppet. In 1963, Rowlf the Dog starred on the Jimmy Dean Show and provided a foundation for Henson’s next endeavor: Sesame Street. After animating characters such as Big Bird, Ernie, Bert, Oscar the Grouch, Grover, Snuffulupagus, and Elmo, Henson’s esteem swelled and finally brought him back to his Muppets.

In the 1970’s, The Muppet Show premiered, airing first in London, England, and then the United States. Actually, it wasn’t even until 1976 that Kermit the Frog took the world by storm. The Muppet Show also led to feature films for Henson, including The Muppet Movie in 1979, and an animated TV spin-off, Jim Henson’s Muppet Babies, according to Biography.com.

When animation wasn’t satisfying enough, Henson directed his attention towards, well, directing. In the 1980’s, TV series such as Fraggle Rock, The Jim Henson Hour and Jim Henson’s The Storyteller were introduced. Other major works include The Dark Crystal (1982) and Labyrinth (1986). Honestly, I haven’t seen any of these movies and I didn’t know they existed before this.

From the Archives: Jim Henson Dies at Age 53; Muppets&#39; Creative Genius - Los Angeles Times

Jim Henson is clearly a legend, since he effectively combined learning with light-hearted humor, with the current continuation of the Jim Henson Foundation. However, his untimely death due to streptococcus pneumonia on May 16, 1990, led to the end of this exciting episode.

Despite this, the Muppets still aired on the silver screen, including The Muppets Movie (2011), which demonstrates his posthumous fame and his astounding legacy. Kermit, as well as the other Muppets, are still apparent in our modern world, as seen through numerous memes.

Reference: “Jim Henson.” Biography.com, A&E Networks Television, 19 Apr. 2021, 

https://www.biography.com/performer/jim-henson.

October 5

Drafts for Unit 1 Essay and Speech

We (Are) The People

Essay:

Freedom and democracy: these two terms are most commonly used to describe the Land of Liberty: the United States.  Without the monumental Revolutionary War, the United States would not be the capitalist superpower that it is today.  The land that bleeds red, white, and blue has been built upon deep-rooted morals and intense passions among trailblazers alike.  Benjamin Franklin’s 1754 “Join or Die” cartoon, created during the French and Indian War, and the United States Constitution, continually followed since 1789, are examples of citizens taking initiative to improve their country.  Both the “Join or Die” cartoon and the U.S. Constitution evoke feelings of patriotism by uniting a divided nation, as well as encourage citizens to participate in civic engagement in different ways. While the political cartoon incorporates visual rhetoric and the written document utilizes commonplaces, both pieces of rhetoric employ the trust and rhetorical situation lenses.

Body 2: Cartoon

How can we analyze visual rhetoric?

Benjamin Franklin urges American colonists to participate in war efforts through his incorporation of the symbolic snake, his stylistic background decisions, and his use of diction and text.

Snake is in pieces, like metaphorically broken up. Is the snake dead? Snake seems powerless when it crumbles. What does snake symbolize? Broken up=divided colonies, but what does the physical use of a snake mean? Why choose a snake? Snakes symbolize rebirth, since they shed their skins and evolve.  Honestly, this is kind of like the colonies being reborn as the United States of America after the American Revolution. The snake is also very powerful and can be dangerous and sneaky, maybe this alludes to the 13 colonies being a hidden superpower, later foreshadowing that the U.S. will be a global superpower.  

The starkness of the white background brings your eye to the front, focusing on the disfigured snake. The snake is good, very good. We want to look at it since it has important meanings, as mentioned above. The black text is bold and the simple typing/font beckons people to check it out and it seems professional, coming out of a newspaper or other type of media.  This kind of supports how Benjamin Franklin appeals to ethos and builds respect. He’s a scholar with plenty of credibility since he is incredibly smart and has a lot of experience.

“Join or die,” why would I wanna do that? I wouldn’t, I’d need to be threatened or persuaded.  This simple phrase is powerful on two fronts.  Numero uno: join can be seen as unifying and welcoming, seeing any regular person can be a part of the cause. Perhaps it’s the colonists’ civic duty to join and they feel inspired to fight among their brethren. Mega pathos energy since Benjamin Franklin is appealing to emotions and rallying his people. Numero dos: but what if I felt threatened by this? Die is a pretty strong word.  Well, this could scare the average farmer or blacksmith into joining the cause. Either way, they could die, either by fighting in the war or being killed off by the invading French, perhaps even being killed off by their own friends for being scared and not fighting with them in the war. It’s the civic duty of the colonists to fight because they have to protect the crown. It’s like it’s their responsibility to fight for their king and keep up his reputation and fortitude, pretty evident since the British were a colonial superpower way back then.

Body 1: Rhetorical Situation

How can we link this up?

Exigence=American colonies are being enlisted by Great Britain to fight invaders, which is the French and Indian War itself.  Why did this happen and why is it still occurring? Because the French are invasive and want to take over land for their own profit. Speaker=Benjamin Franklin. Why is he important? Benjamin Franklin clearly loves America and he wants to protect his country (this is also supported by ethos). Audience=American colonists. Why them? Who else? They live there and the king expects them to be loyal to him and fight in militias.  They have the responsibility to help their mercantilist country and be heroes (a real zero to hero moment) and they should aid in war efforts somehow. Purpose=Get colonists to fight against the French invading from Canada. Why do we fight? Because it’s our responsibility as citizens.

Body 4: The Constitution and its many commonplaces (with a hint of trust with pathos and ethos)

-“We the people” 

-“Perfect Union”

-“General Welfare”

Body 3: The Constitution’s Rhetorical Situation

Exigence=need for a better document after the failure of the Articles of Confederation.  Why do we want to improve? We, as Americans, look up towards our fore-fathers to establish a basis for structured society.  Speaker=representatives writing the bill to represent the desires and needs of the American people.  This would include Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, George Washington, James Madison, etc.  Audience=(1.) Americans because it’s their rights and their new laws and (2.) the rest of the world to set an example of a democratic government.  Purpose=unite the people and ensure their natural rights and their newfound passion for helping improve society (it’s their duty to do this as a citizen).

Body5/Conclusion=comparison. Both encourage different types of civic engagement: the cartoon urges people to join the war and aid in war efforts while the Constitution asserts that everyone should exercise their natural rights (like voting and following laws and being good humans in society) according to the outlined details in the document. )lasting qualities

Outline for speech: (please condense)

Freedom and democracy: these two terms are most commonly used to describe the Land of Liberty: the United States. The country that bleeds red, white, and blue has been built upon deep-rooted morals and intense passions among trailblazers alike. I’d imagine the American colonists empathized with this, 300 years ago, when encountering Benjamin Franklin’s “Join or Die” cartoon, picturing a disfigured snake embodying the 13 colonies. Overall, Franklin urges American colonists to participate in war efforts through his incorporation of the symbolic snake, his stylistic background decisions, and his use of written text.

Benjamin Franklin’s cartoon, created in 1754, is war propaganda that advocates for civic engagement during the French and Indian War, which serves as the exigence. The speaker, as stated, is Benjamin Franklin. Clearly, as a proud colonist, politician and journalist, Franklin dreams to protect his country, which furthers his appeal to ethos as a trusted and well-respected figure. This, as well, will foreshadow his newfound patriotism during the American Revolution and his desire to serve the land of the free and the home of the brave. Next, Franklin targets American colonists, the primary audience, since they reside in the colonies and are expected to fight for their king. However, the secondary audience are other countries, in which Franklin emphasizes the colonies’ latent power, foreshadowing the United States’ future position as a world superpower. Through a strong appeal to pathos, evoking nationalism and fear, Franklin aims to unite the 13 colonies and instill the idea that colonial America is a force to be reckoned with. Finally, Franklin’s purpose is to rally colonists to fight against the French, invading from Canada. But why should they fight? Well, it’s their responsibility as citizens in a functioning colonial society to sustain their communities and protect the homefront.

But let’s take a closer look at the cartoon itself. My eye first catches the snake sliced into 8 pieces. This is a metaphor for the “broken up” and separated colonies. The snake, at the moment, looks dead, symbolizing a weak colonial empire. While seemingly powerless, snakes symbolize rebirth, since they shed their skin and regrow a healthier and stronger one. Here, the colonies are also being reborn as the United States of America after the American Revolution. Snakes, in general, are also very powerful and can be dangerous and sneaky; maybe this alludes to the 13 colonies being a hidden superpower, later foreshadowing that the U.S. will be a global superpower.  

The starkness of the white paper background helps focus on the disfigured snake, since it holds significance. It also plays up the retro newspaper background, which serves to emphasize the timelessness of American patriotism. The black text is bold and simple, and the old-school font lures readers to check it out; it seems professional, coming out of a newspaper or other type of media.  This supports Benjamin Franklin’s appeals to ethos and builds respect, since he’s a scholar with plenty of credibility and a lot of experience.

So, “join or die,” I’d ask myself, why would I do that? I wouldn’t, I’d need to be persuaded or threatened. This simple phrase is powerful on two fronts. First, “join” can be seen as unifying and welcoming, seeing any regular person, from the nearest farmer, blacksmith, teacher, or doctor can be a part of the cause. It’s the colonists’ civic duty to “join” war efforts, which evokes feelings of inspiration to fight among their fellow neighbors, a clear appeal to pathos by rallying the people. Second, what if I felt threatened by this? “Die” holds great severity, and could scare the average man into joining the cause, emphasizing a real zero-to-hero moment. Either way, they could die, either by fighting in the war, being killed off by the invading French, or perhaps even being killed off by their own friends for being scared and avoiding the war. It’s their responsibility to fight for their king and keep up his reputation and fortitude, which is evident through the infamous British back then.

Overall, Benjamin Franklin’s “Join or Die” cartoon advocates for American colonists to participate in civic engagement, as seen through the rhetorical situation, visual rhetoric, and trust lenses.  This artifact is noteworthy because it played a critical role in American history and acted as a symbol of patriotism during the American Revolution. So, what do you say, are you willing to join the cause? Thank you.

October 5

The Caped Crusader

Ciao everyone! Welcome back to the blog, it’s been a hot minute. Anyways, here is this week’s joke:

What do you call it when Batman leaves church early?

A Christian Bale!

This is a very clever joke that I heard from my cousin, and I would rate it 9.75/10 because of its uniqueness and play on words.

Today’s post will involve one of our all-time favorite superheroes: Batman. What seems to hold the CEO of Wayne Enterprises to such high esteem? Is it the mysterious mask, dark cape, or perhaps, non-superhuman powers?

I honestly couldn’t tell you because I don’t follow superhero lore nor comic books, but I can admit that Batman is very epic. Every superhero has an origin story, so here’s Batman’s:

Batman, the fictional character, born as Bruce Wayne, grew up in the fantastical Gotham City, where crime sat at every corner. After his parents were tragically murdered, leaving him orphaned, young Bruce Wayne decided to pursue a career in crime-fighting to protect citizens in need. After noticing a bat flying by a window, Bruce deemed himself the newest creature of the night: Batman. Talk about civic engagement! 

Batman Arkham Knight | Download and Buy Today - Epic Games Store

Detective Comics, commonly known as DC, ran with the idea of the Batman character in 1940, catalyzing total success in comic books sales. With the introduction of a renowned sidekick, Robin, and some iconic villains, such as The Joker, Catwoman, and The Riddler, Batman-culture soared. Comic books later transformed into popular television series and movies, leaving lasting effects.

The Batman (1943) was the first movie filmed illustrating the Dynamic Duo in action, picturing Lewis Wilson as the original hero. Surprisingly, movie productions halted. Why? Apparently, during the Cold War, psychiatrist Frederic Wertham argued that “the comics morally corrupt their impressionable young readers, impeaching Batman and Robin in particular for supposedly flaunting a gay lifestyle,” as reported by Britannica.

The Batman

Luckily, this mentality faded, and Batman: The Movie (1966) aired, starring Adam West, which ironically, was a television show.  While loved by many, more film productions began. Batman (1989) was the next blockbuster, including Michael Keaton as the next face of the Bat, followed by his sequel film Batman Returns (1992). Following in these footsteps, Val Kilmer starred as Batman in Batman Forever (1995), and George Clooney was the frontman in Batman and Robin (1997). In my opinion, this Batman saga is the best, compared to the others. I encourage you to watch these four movies. 

Moving on to the newer age of Batman, another renowned star takes the cake, or rather, takes the cape, as he joins the Batman family. Christian Bale, in Batman Begins (2005), The Dark Knight (2008), and The Dark Knight Rises (2012), stars opposite the legendary Heath Ledger, who plays an astonishing Joker. Bale also provides the substance for this joke, since his first name, Christian, corresponds to a religious group, and his last name, Bale, corresponds to leaving early. Therefore, Christian Bale literally leaves church early.

Christian Bale Ready To Make Comeback As Batman In &#39;The Flash&#39; But Has One  Condition

Anyways, I can’t speak about the newest Batman film, starring Robert Pattinson, since it is scheduled to come out in 2022, but I will say that I would like to see it.

Sanderson, Peter, Misiroglu, Gina and Eury, Michael. “Batman”. Encyclopedia Britannica, 15 Jun. 2021,

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Batman-fictional-character. Accessed 5 October 2021.