middle-aged mean girls

This past weekend I went home to host a canning weekend (and also because I missed my mommy and daddy). It was awesome. My parents showered me with small gifts and such and also gave me a bunch of cash! I was super excited to finally go back to my local Y to attend my favorite Zumba class, but I had completely forgotten about the zumba clique that had begun forming before I had left for college. They definitely had progressed into establishing a Zumba hierarchy. All the regular zumba go-ers that are part of their clique stand in the front and take up a bunch of space so that their fellow girlfriends can stand with them and have a view that’s six times better than everyone else’s. My friend told me that they’ve even made an exclusive Facebook page. Everyone can see what’s on it and all the pictures of their outings (they all hang out before and after zumba and even on the weekends!) but can’t join in on the group. It’s like high school all over again. These bitches are the queen bees and the rest of us zumbaers want to be them. Next time I’m going to try to get to Zumba super early so I can dance next to them and may be even get invited to their Facebook group. Desperate times call for desperate measures.