Advocacy Assignment WIP

I am kind of confused as to where I am headed with this advocacy assignment. I may do another TED talk (cause I just loved it so much the first time) and gather research on the importance and value of learning a second language. I definitely have a personal stake in this subject, however I question the effectiveness of this medium and how many people would actually watch it. My family probably wouldn’t even bother watching the whole thing (merpz). I could try handing out food with fun facts about how studying a second language aids students with all subjects and its effects on brain function. I like the topic of my issue brief, however, I do not know how I could advocate a synergistic approach to energy and water casually around campus. I’ll probably end up going with the TED talk, but I feel like it may be kind of a cop out. I’m not quite sure. I think doing something with the RCL textbooks/ textbook prices in general may be cool. It may also be a little bit risky, because an rcl teacher is grading the assignment, but if I could find a way to make textbook shopping a little bit cheaper/ easier for anyone it may be worth it. I’m excited to see how this ends up because I’m still really early on in the brainstorming process.

One response to “Advocacy Assignment WIP

1. I think you may feel that a TED Talk is a cop out because we already did one. Even if a TED Talk isn’t a brand new idea, it has still been shown to be a very effective advocacy tool. And this time, you won’t be bound by all of those silly memorization rules.