RSS Feed

My Final Post

August 13, 2014 by jqs5974   

It’s crazy to think that the summer session is over. I know they say time flies when you’re having fun but it still feels like I just unpacked my things yesterday. But in that short time, I managed to have the time of my life. These past 6 weeks have given me an amazing chance to get acclimated to a giant campus, meet a ton of new people, and enjoy learning in a way I’ve never been able to do before. Professor Nichols class was not only the first class I truly enjoyed in my life, but it also gave me a chance to view this campus and our society as a whole from a whole different viewpoint. We were challenged to learn new things about people we would have normally never talked to, and it showed me how there are some amazing people on this campus. It was the perfect combination of challenging, interesting, and enjoyable all in one class. Before I end my final blog post of the summer, I’d like to thank everyone who made this summer so amazing for me: Professor Nichols, John Schneider, the entire LEAP C2 (especially our awesome mentor, Kelsey), my amazing roommate Jack, and all the other great people I’ve met while being here. It’s the people here that make this University the incredible place it is. It feels weird to say that summer session is over, but after 6 weeks, 2 classes, 2 amazing teachers, 5 essays, 5 personal blog posts, 1 short film, 8 seasons of Weeds, way too many trips to Chipotle, not enough trips to the gym, and a lifetime of memories, I’m proud to say that summer session was a success. See you all in the fall!

photo

»

You must be logged in to post a comment.