Dramatic Fashion

It feels like an eternity since I have updated all of you on the happenings of Europe. Don’t worry, you missed plenty, but hey, that’s what I’m here for! First of all, Manchester United lost a close tie to Real Madrid. Having been up 1-0 after a 1-1 draw at the Bernabau during the first leg, Nani was sent off after a (terrible) red card decision by the Turkish referee, drastically altering the match dynamic. Thereafter, Luka Modric, the former Tottenham man, scored a brilliant strike. This was quickly followed by a Cristiano Ronaldo goal to seal the victory and a place in the Champions League quarterfinals

However, this match was nothing in excitement compared to Barcelona’s astounding match against AC Milan just yesterday. Having lost 2-0 at the San Siro in Milan, Barcelona returned to the Nou Camp needing at least three goals to progress to the quarterfinals. After two earlier goals by the fantastic Messi, David Villa and Jordi Alba scored two more goals to seal a 4-0 victory and a dramatic comeback in the tie to secure their last eight position along with their Spanish rivals.

In other news, last-placed Reading sacked their manager, Brian McDermott, following their drop into last place, along with QPR, at a dismal 23 points and -21 goal difference through 29 league matches. If things hold they way they currently stand, Wigan or Aston Villa will join those two sides in relegation. The race to replace them appears to be led by Cardiff City and Hull City, followed closely by a myriad of other Championship side clubs. That’s all I have for you this week, but stay tuned for more awesome news!

This entry was posted in Passion and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Dramatic Fashion

1. Andrea Meyer says:

I really need to watch more soccer

2. Viv Mazzocco says:

Sweet, so much happening. I haven’t paid enough attention to a lot of the European games, but it would be interesting to see more upsets in the coming matches.