1.1 References

1.1. Parallel Universe

Overview: In this module, the author mentions various methods of how an artist interacts with balance and perceives balance when creating an image. Moreover, even from a modeling perspective, balance is a mandate for symmetrical results.

1.12 Gestalt Theory

Overview: In this module, I learned about the different ways illusions are created and how humans tend to perceive drawing illusions. I found it interesting that when depicting an illusion, our brains won’t process what is displayed until after it is announced. Furthermore, we tend to see different components of art and illustration when encountering an illusion, and it’s all explained in the four principles of perception.

Exercise 1 ( Drawing Composition)

Reflection: This exercise was very informative and relaxing because I got the chance to construct this referenced image into my feelings. The learnings in the two modules allowed me to be an artist and express my feelings in the form of rectangular shapes. They say each work of art shows an artist’s story, and my story is that defining your level of work and getting an understanding of your creation shows your true identity. To properly depict what is being displayed, you have to put on your artistic lenses. The composition of each rectangle is a counterpoint for the main structural components, such as the face. Then it even gets as detailed as the nail on each finger. Each color in the image illustrates a different definition, and all the definitions come together to give you one main purpose and understanding. This was a very fun exercise in which I got to resurface my artistic journey. I’m looking forward to what the future holds for me and my experience as an artist. I hope you find comfort and enjoyment on my page!

Gestalt Theory- (drawing Composition)
Drawing Composition Example