To Health Care or To Not Health Care

The debate of having national health care is not one that is new to presidential elections. But this election this is a particularly important issue because of the debate about Obama Care. Obama care is a health system that is universal created by President Barack Obama. Many people are opposed to this form of health care because it is universal, meaning that it provides health care for all Americans. This is a very big debate topic this presidential election because depending on who wins, many things could change when it comes to health care.  Candidates are for the most part either trying to completely get rid of it, or improve it in ways that they feel would improve The United States. I will be covering some of this years presidential candidates views on the debate of health care.

First I will begin with Bernie Sanders view. Bernie Sanders has a plan that he believes will work best for the United States. His plan involved having a universal health care system so that every American will have the benefit. His plan will cover every spectrum of health care from inpatient care to outpatient care and everything else. The part that sticks out to me the most about Bernie’s plan is that he intends to also extend this universal health care to mental health care as well. I feel as though this is a very important issue that we are beginning to give the attention that it not only deserves, but desperately needs as well.  Basically Bernie’s plan will not only provide for universal health care, but it will also make it very easy to receive it.

tumblr_static_9pvzlemj2r4skosk4cc88kog8

Another Democratic candidate, Hillary Clinton, has similar ideas as Bernie Sanders but she doesn’t fully agree with all his ideas. Some things that Hillary plans to do include: defending the Affordable Care Act, lower out-of-pocket costs, reduce the cost of prescription drugs, and transform our health care system to reward value and quality. Her plan does not include universal health care for Americans but she too wants to make it easier for Americans to get health care. download (6)Republican candidate Donald Trump wants to completely repeal Obama Care. He feels as though in order to have a well working health care system for America, congress must do many things. Some of these things include modifying existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines, allow individuals to use Health Savings Accounts, block-grant Medicaid to the states, and remove barriers to entry into free markets for drug providers that offer safe and cheaper products.

John Kasich believes that Obama care needs to be repealed as well. He believes that affordable health care is an important priority but says that Obama care has failed at doing that. John Kasich says that Obama care has increased health care prices by 80% which is the opposite of what it intended to do. In order to improve our health care system, John Kasich plans on creating a better primary care structure so that people stay healthier. He wants to use the same system that many health care providers are using in Ohio now.

1 Comment

1. gan5089

Although I honestly do not know much about ObamaCare, I do know that it an extremely controversial topic. Many of my friends despise ObamaCare and refuse to acknowledge that it is helpful at all, but others think that there is some benefit to it. I personally do not think that there is anything wrong with universal health care, since no human should be denied the medical attention that they need. So in this case I agree mostly with Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton, but I do agree with Donald Trump about the fact that barriers to entry into free markets for drug providers should be removed. This would help to lower the prices of many drugs and prescriptions and make them more affordable for lower income families. I enjoyed reading about all of the controversial topics you presented this semester and each candidate’s opinions on the issue. I learned a lot from your posts, and I hope you continue writing in the future!