La Isla de Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

At the start of August, I had the opportunity to visit Puerto Rico. This was the first time I was able to visit such a diverse place with such stunning views. For five days I was able to explore the whole island and truthfully, it wasn’t enough. While staying in Old San Juan, I visited Castillo San Felipe Del Morro and got a chance to appreciate the stunning architecture. The architecture in Old San Juan is heavily influenced by the Spanish, with terra-cotta clay tile roofs, soft arches, and Stucco walls. All of this is complemented by beautiful crystal-clear water surrounding the castle.

On the second day, we explored the area around our Airbnb called Emajuara and went to an Island called Fajardo. Traveling by boat, we reached a quiet area and had a small picnic, we then went to a local restaurant and got Amarillos which is a local Puerto Rican snack. Afterward, we went back to the mainland and had dinner next to the beach. It was a wonderful experience

By the third day, we woke up bright and early to go to El Yunque National Forest. While there, we had multiple stops along the way, eventually, we reached a hiking trail and began a 2-mile hike to the top. I won’t lie, it was a rough hike. At multiple points, I wanted to go and turn back but the satisfaction of reaching the end helped me push through. We came across a waterfall and as we were about to go in it started to thunderstorm, especially in Puerto Rico, which is an island meaning it does rain at least every day, especially at night.

On the fourth day, we went to ToroVerde which is a zipline course in the mountains of Puerto Rico. We did the bike ziplines and a 2-mile zipline. On the last day we kept exploring the local area of Emajuara and then later that night we went back to old San Juan and walked around and then proceeded to go to La Placita. Overall PR is a territory that reflects its diversity and cultural aspects when visiting.

2 thoughts on “La Isla de Puerto Rico

1. Being able to visit a place like this is so cool! I love traveling, I just don’t get out of the country much. The pictures were beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

2. Puerto Rico sounds like a beautiful place to visit. It was nice to read about the diversity of your trip; it really provided a comprehensive overview of what you can do if you visit. I haven’t been able to travel for a while, so reading about your experiences made me want to travel.