Brent Faiyaz

Brent Faiyaz - Wikipedia

Brent Faiyaz born Christopher Brent Wood, is an Maryland singer and songwriter. He is known for his prominent features, melodic voice, and his part in Sonder.

Sonder (2017):

Number of songs:12 (43 minutes)

1.)First World Problemz / Nobody Carez: The song makes me feel safe it has such a nice feeling attached to it. It just reminds of what I want in life it is very upbeat. Then it transitions into this solemn  song and I love the contrast.

2.)So Far Gone / Fast Life Bluez: He is really pouring all his fears in this song and you can really hear it. This song is perfect from start to finish and always makes me feel a little sad. I like it when songs can actually evoke the emotion it is displaying even if I can’t personally relate to the song.

3.)Stay Down: His voice really shines in this song I don’t know how to describe it, again you can hear the 90s influence in it. It gives me nostalgia.

4.)All I Want: I like it when he sings in this high tone,well male singers in general, so this paired with the melody of the guitar makes this easily one of my favorite songs.

5.)Needed: This beat is very different from what else is heard on the album it reminds of Beat it by MJ at some moments, I really love the instrumental paired with his voice.

6.)L.A: I really love this song it is more on the melodious side, and emulates the lure of LA. It starts off acoustic then goes into this more clutter melodic beat.

7.)Missin Out

8.)Talk 2U

9.)Home

10.)Gang Over Luv

11.)Burn One Interlude

12.) Sonder Son Interlude

Fuck The World (2019):

Brent Faiyaz – Fuck the World (Summer in London) Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

Number of songs:10 (25 minutes)

1.) Fuck the World (Summer in London): I am a big fan of slowed and reverbed music and in this song brent gives us both the regular and remix version. The song is very explicit and Brent embodies a true Fboy but his voice is so melodic  you ignore it.

2.) Been Away: This song reminds me of the early 2000s RnB sound, similarly to Bobby Valentino, I really just love the instrumental it reminds of Aaliyah’s One in A Million.

3.) Clouded: It is really the last few verses that sell this song for me the way he sings the lyrics I know he means it. Tiktok really blew this song up and introduced a lot of people to Brent.

4.) Rehab (Winter in Paris): This man is like an RnB version of The Weeknd lyric content wise and this song proves it with the lyrics

5.) Lost Kids Get Money: In this song Brent explains his struggles about going from broke to rich on a very 80’s RnB beat. It simply perfection.

6.) Let Me Know

7.) Soon Az I Get Home

8.)Bluffin

9.) Skyline

10.) Make It Out

RANKINGS:

1.) Sonder Son- I really loved this album everything from the interludes to the transitions to the instrumentals to his voice. He really talks about his upbringing and struggles in his youth. I like how authentic this album is and the sound of this album was something I haven’t heard in a while.10/10

2.) Fuck The World- I loved this album we see Brent going through the obstacles of fame this album has a very different feel from his first album and you can even see it in the song titles. I think Brent matured yet became more egotistic this album due to the fame and attention he is getting. Overall it is a very good album but I wish it was longer 9.5/10

0 comments