Speech Thoughts

Listening to many of these speeches has been a privilege. Whether it is on an artifact or an interview, it is cool to listen to learn something new. Whether about an activity or event that goes on around campus, a person, or something notable in our everyday lives, I have come to enjoy the talks so far.

With that said, I am now getting closer to my own speech. While I have a general idea of what I want to speak about, the core challenge I am facing is not in the content of the material but the presentation of it. I intend to take an approach that deals greatly with pathos, but at the same time would like to add a little bit of humor in the presentation. I think what it will ultimately come down to will be a little of both, perhaps each taking up a section of the speech.

Honestly, I am not worried about delivering any kind of speech; in fact, I enjoy it. As an accomplished high school debater, I have attained a sense of comfort while delivering speeches. While I am still figuring the layout for my speech, I am excited to see how it goes come Monday.

One thought on “Speech Thoughts

1. It really is difficult to balance humor with pathos and or deeper feelings. Often it comes down to simply the transitioning from one to another. If the transition is smooth the delivery will also be smooth. I wish you luck on finding that balance in your speech.