Final thoughts on The Circle

After finishing the novel, The Circle, I noticed a message that truly resonated within myself; the idea that privacy is not a bad thing. Mae was completely entranced when it came to the use of technology and sharing posts on social media. I can heavily relate to this, as social media is what this day and age is all about. I realized that I do not want to live my life behind a phone or computer screen, simply posting about what it is that I am doing at that very moment. I want to be able to fully enjoy whatever activity I am involved in. It does not matter if my friends see what I’m up to on Snapchat. What matters is that, in 30 years, I want to be able to look back on these times in my life and think about how great they were. I don’t want to look back and remember how many likes I received on an Instagram post. The Circle has helped me to see the world around me through my own eyes, rather than through a camera lens. After all, these are going to be the best four years of our lives, we might as well live them.