TIB draft

When I was young, I lived in a house with my whole family, and I believed that was my forever home.  All the people I loved were there and I could not imagine ever being anywhere else.  Then, my parents got divorced.  My mom, my sisters and I moved to a new house without my dad.  I was in a new situation and did not what to do.  I lost the only place I ever knew, along with the only family life I ever knew.  My mom just kept repeating, “home is where the heart is” and that even though we lived somewhere else and our family was one person smaller, the love that was still there would give us a new home.

Fast forward to the end of senior year.  Sitting in the same uncomfortable blue chairs we sat in at middle school assemblies on the same patchy field our football team loss every game on, wearing itchy caps and gowns that clung to us, I remember gazing at each member of my graduating class.  I was finally realizing that this would be the last time I knew everyone in my grade and I was scared.  I was leaving behind a school that became a second home and friends that became a part of my family.

Now, we are all at the same new place.  We are living in a new environment, with new people, at a totally new school.  Walking into the entrance of my hall and glancing at the shiny tiled floors, I was scared.  I left behind the only town I knew and the only friends I ever had, for an overwhelming environment.  All I could think about was wanting to jump back in the car and speed back down the turnpike to tiny Springfield, leaving big Penn State behind.  Looking back, all I can say is that I’m happy my mom forced me to stay.

I believe that change is important.  Change forces you to adjust who you are.  You cannot run and hide from change.  Because, believe me, as scary as it is to be thrown into the abyss, the unknown challenges you to become a better version of yourself.

3 thoughts on “TIB draft

1. klb6130

What stuck out to me the most was the line “I left behind” and I think that, that should be your mantra throughout your piece. I think that you should start by listing in detail all the things that you have left behind, and then at the end say “I left behind ____ BUT” and explain how change affected your experiences. Overall I love the topic because it is so relatable, I think that just making it more personal and detailed will completely enhance the quality of your piece.

2. Betty Becker

A good professional is able to inspire and be inspired by the leader. Therefore, we are grateful for the inspiration that his work gives us and for his encouragement for our growth. Congratulations on your effort and competence!

Thank you for bringing your willingness and joy to work every day. Its posture allows projects to become easier to be executed, changes to be successfully implemented and problems to become great opportunities for the future.

3. Terry Wilson

In terms of foods for me, I think I have more of the usual associations – foods from childhood that I associate with care and love, from relatives or special restaurants like the kind elderly man who dusted seasoning salt on French fries at the Burger King Menu