How has the Trump administration impacted the United States National Park System?

I will address the impact that the Trump Administration has had on the Department of Interior, specifically the National Parks and Monument systems.

This will touch on reorganization of the Parks and monument and also changes in legal classifications.

After describing these changes, I will discuss the impacts of the changes on visitors, park administration, and  the effects and potential effects on the environments in these areas.

I will address the exigence by discussing changes made by the Obama administration and then describing how the Trump administration has changed the parks.

This will help readers understand how Trump has made changes and why those changes matter.

By giving a snapshot of the parks before, readers will have a better understanding of the implications of Trump’s changes. To follow up, I will then go through Trump’s election and then end with the 2020 election season.

My exigence is the 2020 election because now that his term is almost complete, I can give an overview of what he has done during his term as president.

I can then use it to persuade readers to agree with me on how things should have changed and how we need to change them in order to correct his mistakes.

The audiences for my issue brief are people who care about the parks (young and old) and American voters.

I want voter to be fully informed about the decision they will make in November so that they can understand  how it impacts the parks.

When voting, most people look at more prominent or popular issues such as immigration, foreign policy, defense, social programs, taxes, abortion, and domestic policy.

I believe that people should also be informed about how candidates have affected our National Parks.

I will address an intentional cause. The Trump administration intentionally changes the National Parks and Monuments in order to gain financial assets.

Although the administration may claim this was an inadvertent cause, I will argue otherwise.

I will also be addressing how the recent government shutdowns have impacted the parks, monuments, and museums.

Although the shutdowns were intentional, the impacts on the parks in these situations were mechanical.

The government as a system, though it was failing, shut down exactly the way it is supposed to. Certain workers, such as park rangers, were unable to work and get paid because the government was not running.

The parks had to shut down because they are unable to under a government shutdown, but politics and inefficiency mechanically caused the parks to close.

The consequential closures has more environmental impacts and impacts on prospective visitors, especially during winter breaks.

These were mechanically caused by the government shut down system in the US.

In terms of policy instruments, I will most likely use the system changes instruments when crafting my issue brief.

I would like to outline my suggestions for changing the power that the executive branch, specifically the president, has over the department of interior.

Even though the structure of authority allows the president to use their control over the department to efficiently improve the parks (because of Teddy Roosevelt), when this power is abused, it can ruin centuries of work.

I will be describing the system changes I would make to the government’s administration of the National Parks.

In my brief, I will need to convince my readers, voters, that this is an important enough subject to consider when voting.

My goal is to persuade my audience to care about an issue that I am passionate about and persuade them to agree with my proposed actions to fix this issues.

In order to convince my readers of the importance of the parks, I will use statistics about the parks and their environmental and financial importance.

I will also employ their history with the presidents (specifically Teddy Roosevelt and FDR) to show why this power was given to the presidents.

Then I will explain why there must be changes in light of recent decisions made by the Trump administration.