Love or Hate Her, Taylor Swift is Phenomenal

taylor-swift-white-profile-picture-sunglasses-1989-album-cover-me-madeTaylor-Swift-Wins-Two-Grammy-Awards-2012

Taylor Swift, by most standards, is a very accomplished and successful young woman. Starting at the age of 14, Swift broke into the country music industry with her very first album. Four albums later, Taylor has just released her new album 1989 on Monday, October 27th. She is the only female artist to ever have two albums sell over a million copies within the first week of sales. She is a seven time GRAMMY-winner, and was the youngest recipient ever to receive the GRAMMY award for best album of the year. Not only is she a very successful artist who writes all of her own songs, she also is extremely charitable as well as a genuinely nice classy individual. A country star now turned pop, 1989 is her very first album after officially breaking from the country genre. As a celebrity, singer/song writer, and actress, Swift has accomplished more by the age of 24 than most people might hope to accomplish in a short-lifetime.

As a devout TSwift fan since she first came out with her very first album, following Taylor through her music as first a country artist and through the transition to pop music, I will say that I was slightly anxious to see what the new Taylor would bring to the table music wise. Like any devoted fan, I preordered my 1989 CD months in advance, and waited with angst for the e-mail which would deliver the news that my coveted CD had finally arrived. After rushing to Redifer to snatch up my package between classes, I was both nervous and ecstatic to see what the new 13 tracks had in store for me. I can say, that I was very pleasantly surprised by the new catchy and edgy Taylor Swift songs, and I have been listening to the album on constant repeat for the past couple of weeks, and I suspect that the trend will continue for a good two weeks.

Why is it that Taylor has become so popular? Most people either love her music because it is so relateable, or they dislike it for the very same reason. Maybe all her songs are mostly about boys, but I think that is why she has gained such a strong fan base, because there is literally a Taylor Swift anthem for every single step or falling out of a relationship. My readers may disagree with me on this one, which is fine because everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think Taylor Swift is absolutely fabulous.

5 thoughts on “Love or Hate Her, Taylor Swift is Phenomenal

1. I have to admit that I have been influenced by the genius that is Taylor Swift. I have spent my fair share of time listening to the catchy songs, thanks to my older sister, who I spent much time with in the car driving to and from high school. Also, because I am her brother and I have to make sure I annoy as much as possible, I became keen at having my opinionated comments on her favorite “Red” CD. Despite my acting job, I did eventually develop a fondness for the music. It was catchy and relate-able even thought most of it did not relate to most teenage guys. I have quite a bit of respect for because Taylor Swift will definitely be one of the best role models for our generation especially in comparison to some of the celebrities of today. Lastly, I think that no matter how many songs she writes about boys, she will always have my support.

2. I personally grew up listening to Taylor Swift’s “Red” Album on car rides to and from school, thanks to my sister who is also a avid Taylor Swift fan. I was rather keen at playing off the fact that I did not enjoy listening to Taylor Swift. In fact, I appreciated Swift’s music more than the other artists that my sister tended to listen to because of its catchy rhythm and lyrics. The fact that Taylor Swift makes everything so relate-able, I believe makes her a popular artist. The way Taylor Swift acts, down-to-earth and approachable, in public allows for her fans to feel like she is not just another pompous celebrity. She puts herself on the same level as her fans and connects with them, which allows her to build such a large fan base.
    I think she is also a good role model for her fans no matter what age and that matters a lot with a seemingly large increase in celebrities that cannot control their action. So, I will never discredit her for how she handles herself, what she does, and the kind of impact she has on our generation. No matter how many songs she writes about boys.

3. I am a huge Taylor Swift fan, however, while I recognize her success today, I prefer her country style music. I love “Shake it off” as much as the next girl; yet, I’m truly passionate about her first several albums (literally have every single song memorized.) I don’t begrudge her transformation and, honestly, the only complaint I have of her change is that I wish she still produced the style of music which was my favorite of hers. Taylor Swift is truly an incredibly classy individual and a lot of today’s stars could look to her as an example.

4. I am a huge Taylor Swift fan, however, while I recognize her success today, I prefer her country style music. I love “Shake it off” as much as the next girl; yet, I’m truly passionate about her first several albums (literally have every single song memorized.) I don’t begrudge her transformation and, honestly, the only complaint I have of her change is that I wish she still produced the style of music which was my favorite of hers. Taylor Swift is truly an incredibly classy individual and a lot of today’s stars could look to her as an example.

5. I have to say that I don’t listen to too much Taylor Swift, but lately, her catchy “Shake It Off” has been played nearly non-stop. While this song is definitely a departure from her usual country style, I still think it is extremely successful. In fact, I was starting to think all her music sounded the same until this song came out. I’m not sure if “Shake It Off” is on the new album 1989 or not, but if this album is her definitive break-out from the country genre, then I believe this song would fit right in. I actually knew someone who went to elementary school with Taylor Swift (my friend was a few years younger than her, but said that she still saw her in the halls occasionally), and it’s crazy to think about just how successful Swift has become. Regardless of whether people like her or not, her accomplishments simply cannot be disputed.