The Doctors Kienle Center for Humanistic Medicine
Reawakening the heart in medicine
Mission: to cultivate empathy and compassion in healthcare
The Doctors Kienle Center Grant program is intended to provide faculty, staff and students with necessary resources to advance our mission. Kienle grants support programs, conference presentations and research projects.
All grants are to be completed over a one-year period. Grantees will be asked to offer a brief presentation of their funded project at the annual Kienle Awards event, date TBD.
1. Write a proposal in 750 words or less. And include:
- Goals and aims including description of how these support the mission of The Doctors Kienle Center
- Background and rationale including literature citations as appropriate
- Project description including timeline
- Program evaluation – Methods to measure the success or impact of the project.
- Potential for growth to expanded project with larger funding sources with rationale
2. Project participants (names and current positions) with description of role in the undertaking.
3. Budget details with narrative justification. Please note that salary support will not be funded under this program.
4. Agreement to present funded project, in person or via PPT slides, at annual Kienle Awards event.