Why is time flying by?

As we are more than halfway into first semester, this year has been going by faster than I could have imagined. Last blog, I talked about how soon Halloween was approaching us, and just a week or so later, I feel like Thanksgiving/Fall break is only days away. To be exact, it is 3 weeks away. Whether this sounds like a lot or a little to you, it will be here before we know it.  

You may be asking yourself, why does this matter? In reality, it matters for several reasons. First, it matters for choosing classes next semester, getting to go home and see family and friends, Black Friday shopping, and more.  

Although time moving fast is exciting, it can also be stressful because of what is to come. Having to schedule next semester’s classes makes some feel extremely stressed. For me, I feel like having to choose next semester’s classes is stressful because it means the closer we are to having to take specific classes for our major. Personally, I am unsure about my major, and scheduling next semester’s classes requires me to figure it out sooner. Not only are we scheduling next semester’s classes, but where we are choosing to live next year. This is crazy to think about, as we are only around 2 months into the school year.  

The second reason why Thanksgiving/Fall break approaching matters is because of getting to see family and friends at home. For most of us, we have not seen many of our friends since the beginning of the fall semester, so it makes us excited to go home. After talking to people at school and other schools, I have realized that people saying that even though they like their college friends, they still miss their friends at home. Getting to catch up with everyone is something I know I have been looking forward to. Not only do we get to catch up with friends, but our families. Many of us get to enjoy a home cooked meal, or favorite foods, or sleep in our own bed. As funny as it sounds, it is something that many of us have missed, including myself.  

17 Chefs Share Their Must-Have Thanksgiving Dishes — Eat This Not That

Thanksgiving Meal

One of the most popular days of the fall season is the day after Thanksgiving, also known as Black Friday. Black Friday is defined as “the day after the US Thanksgiving Holiday.” (Investopedia) Black Friday is popular at shopping malls, outlets, and more as clothes, shoes, and other items are on huge sales. Personally, every year, my mom and I try to find one new place to see how we like it compared to our favorite mall. This year, we are trying the King of Prussia mall, the second biggest mall in the country according to Trips to Discover. Black Friday shopping is something that I have always looked forward to since I was little, whether it is after Thanksgiving dinner or early Friday morning. If it were up to me, I would go shopping all night and day!  

King of Prussia Mall — Visit Philadelphia

KOP Mall

Overall, Halloween approaching in just a few days doesn’t just mean that we get to dress up, but that other holidays are coming even sooner. This means that finals, next semester, and colder weather are too. Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing for you, it is something that we can all try to look forward to and be happy we have successfully made it through the school year thus far.  

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/blackfriday.asp 

https://www.tripstodiscover.com/biggest-malls-in-the-united-states/ 

1 Comment on Why is time flying by?

1. sydney osinloye
    October 28, 2022 at 5:45 pm (2 years ago)

You literally put all of my feelings into one post. It’s so easy to talk about our future as college students in the abstract and in hypotheticals, but when you think about the fact that that future is partially during the next semester is a little scary. I was filling out my semester by semester plan and I was getting so overwhelmed. But at the same time, I feel like all of these important decisions that we have to make come at the perfect time because we can go home and see our friends and family as you mentioned and get a little break from all the chaos of college. I hope your black friday shopping goes well! And maybe even have a little comment about how it went so I know if that mall is worth going to lol

Reply