Week Five: Recap! #WeAre

This week has been the most emotional, but one of the best weekends of my life.

My high school friends, Halle and Avery, came to visit me this weekend! I haven’t seen Avery in almost two months, because she was in West Virginia completing a mission trip and backpacking in Alaska. She had so many stories to share about all of her adventures this summer, and we all sat at Starbucks for hours on end!

Since I am now a college freshman, I shared all of my tips with them about how to survive the college life. I can tell Avery and Halle are both really excited for college, and I know that they will do amazing things. (Even though Avery is going to Michigan! Gross, right? Hahah, I’m just kidding because I’m a Penn Stater for LIFE!)

Anyways, it was so awesome for them to experience the Penn State life. Halle shared with me that she plans on transferring to Penn State at some point, because she loved the atmosphere and the town so much. I think it would be fantastic if Halle transferred, because then I would be taking on college with my high school best friend! We’d be so iconic.

Halle and I!

After Halle and Avery left, I went to go get my nails done. I wanted some personal and relaxation time, and I knew getting my nails done would be the perfect way to do so. Back at home, I would always get my nails done by the same person and salon. Being very picky about my nails, I was anxious about getting them done somewhere else. 

After looking for hours on end, I found the perfect salon called Looks Hair Design. They had excellent ratings on Google about their nail services!

When I arrived, I met my nail technician named Kelsey. She was so sweet, with bright pink eye makeup that matched her lipstick. We sat down immediately and as she was working on my nails, we were talking about her infant son. She showed me photos of him, and he is ADORABLE! It made me realize how precious human life is, and how I aspire to have a family of my own someday.

On the academic side of things, I earned a B- on my second English paper. I was upset about this, so I went and talked to my professor. We went through my entire essay, critiquing and reviewing my mistakes. I appreciated his helpful feedback, and I know I can still get an A in the class with one B- on a paper.

Nonetheless, this week has been pretty great and I look forward to the next one! Last week here! WE ARE!

I LOVE my best friends! Never want to leave them 🙁

Thank you for following my crazy adventures!

Love, 

K

One thought on “Week Five: Recap! #WeAre

1. Best of luck to you in your journey here at PSU. Use the resources. Believe in yourself. Give back to the community. I am honored to have been a part of the beginning of your legacy here. You got this!