Look Back at the Last Few Weeks

To wrap up the first half of the semester, I am choosing to take a look back at our analyses from the past two months or so. I am going to include some of the better performers from the last semester as well to provide some longer term examples as well. While many of the recent companies have been down since we have looked at them, there are a few things to consider. First, these are long term analysis, and second the market as a whole has been down recently.

We will begin with the top performers of last semester. The shining star of last semester is by far Boeing. I originally pitched Boeing at a share price of $133.15, since then it has only continued to rise. It has increased by a staggering 55.65%, which is outstanding. It is quite the drop off until the next company, and yet the next one is still quite impressive in its own right. The second greatest earner is Sony, seeing an increase in share price of just over 24%. With the average index fund returning 10% on a slightly above average year, these numbers are outstanding as they are running laps around this figure.

Boeing shares fall after new Dreamliner delivery halt | Reuters

This semester hasn’t been quite as lucrative as the past. So far this semester, we have covered 4 companies, and 1 of the companies is up, 2 are down, and 1 has seen no change. The company that has seen no change is Cisco. Looking back at the analysis, this is not that surprising as all of the Firm Foundation statistics were not far off of the historical averages. I would still keep an eye on it going forward though. The lone company that has increased is Lazard. This was the company that I had never heard of but offered a very strong Firm Foundation and was the first instance of Castle in the Air where we saw the formation of a head and shoulders pattern. Finally the two companies that have gone down are U-Haul and Nokia. As for U-Haul it has only been a week so there isn’t much to say here. We simply need to give it more time. As for Nokia, it has seen a very small dip of 1.2%, which is quite arbitrary for the time period.

Lazard (@Lazard) / Twitter

All together, we hit two home runs in the first semester with Boeing and Sony, while many of the others have been quite average. This second semester has been riddled with ups and downs with the market as a whole, so it is not surprising to see an almost even split with growth and regression. Following spring break, we will get right back to our weekly analysis, but I hope this offered some insight into the results of our analysis.

2 thoughts on “Look Back at the Last Few Weeks

1. Nice blog Kody, sounds like you have picked some outstanding performers. The markets have been extremely turbulent recently, so I’m sure you’ll turn out on top come May.

Reply

1. It sounds like you’re picking reliable companies that continue to show strong performance. This blog is a great way to make sure others can know how to succeed in the market today!

Reply